Wanted Wanted (CO): Non-sunroof 100-Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
On the hunt for a bit of a rare bird. I'm specifically looking for a truck that was optioned without a sunroof. I'm flexible on most other items, but preferences are below:

Prefer not red
Prefer cloth seats
Prefer non-nav
Looking for clean frame
Mileage is less of a concern as long as the truck has been taken care of

Budget is flexible depending on the truck, but ideally I'd like to be around the $15k mark, if possible. Not looking for a show vehicle.

Anything out there?

I could be wrong but I’m nearly certain that non-nav is the only thing from your list (non-nav, cloth interior, no sunroof) that was sold new in North America. Should be able to start importing 1998s this year but you’re probably looking at over $15k.

I could be wrong but I’m nearly certain that non-nav is the only thing from your list (non-nav, cloth interior, no sunroof) that was sold new in North America. Should be able to start importing 1998s this year but you’re probably looking at over $15k.

Everything in my post was available in the US market. There's even a thread dedicated to the spec here on mud:

100 Series US Market Poverty Pack Registry (No Sunroof, Cloth Seats, etc.)

They're rare, but they are out there.

Wow nice, I stand corrected! Had no idea. Still though — it might be easier to find one from overseas. Good luck with your search.

On the hunt for a bit of a rare bird. I'm specifically looking for a truck that was optioned without a sunroof. I'm flexible on most other items, but preferences are below:

Prefer not red
Prefer cloth seats
Prefer non-nav
Looking for clean frame
Mileage is less of a concern as long as the truck has been taken care of

Budget is flexible depending on the truck, but ideally I'd like to be around the $15k mark, if possible. Not looking for a show vehicle.

Anything out there?

Not mine, but just posted 8 hours ago.

Ha! I emailed that seller about 20min after that ad went live this morning. Still waiting to hear back. Here's hoping.

Ha! I emailed that seller about 20min after that ad went live this morning. Still waiting to hear back. Here's hoping.
That’s nothing like what you’re looking for!

Stick with the plan man, we need more poverty pack cruisers on the front range!

That’s nothing like what you’re looking for!

Stick with the plan man, we need more poverty pack cruisers on the front range!
This is a 100 series with no sunroof! Exactly what the OP was looking for! He would prefer it had cloth but no sunroof is what he’s really after.

OP don’t let these other guys talk you out of this middle class cruiser. They just want to bring you down. You’ll grow to love the lleather!

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. Still no response from that seller, so until further notice I'm still in the market. Surely someone else is selling their slicktop??

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. Still no response from that seller, so until further notice I'm still in the market. Surely someone else is selling their slicktop??
Crazy the seller hasn’t gotten back to you. Given how soon you contacted them. Are you 100% sold on the slick top? I just think back to when I got mine I would have taken any color as long as it wasn’t rusty and had been maintained. What you’re after is super rare! Good luck though!

Crazy the seller hasn’t gotten back to you. Given how soon you contacted them. Are you 100% sold on the slick top? I just think back to when I got mine I would have taken any color as long as it wasn’t rusty and had been maintained. What you’re after is super rare! Good luck though!

I'm very tall, so the non-sunroof cars are the only ones that I really fit into comfortably. If the right sunroof car came along I might consider it, but honestly a slicktop is what I'm really after.

At 6'9" I was in the same boat as you (wanting a slicktop). Overall is less of a headache (no sunroof complications) but the production numbers are super low. If you're okay waiting - wait. But you could possibly get some Scheel-Mann seats and get the seating position low enough for it to be a non-issue.

Bump, I'm back in the market!
Hello. I have a GCC spec 1998 100 (as well as a 105) en route to east coast USA., arriving in mid February. The 100 has super clean cloth interior/two fuel tanks/white exterior-tan interior/manual transmission/ rear swing out spare/ARB Sahara front bumper/silver steelies/ no nav/ mileage is around 120,000. Frame has been cleaned and reprayed. No rust. Timing belt/water pump updated along with several other preventative maintenance items.. Asking $35,000 OBO

( please note these photos taken before installing steelies. )

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Hello. I have a GCC spec 1998 100 (as well as a 105) en route to east coast USA., arriving in mid February. The 100 has super clean cloth interior/two fuel tanks/white exterior-tan interior/manual transmission/ rear swing out spare/ARB Sahara front bumper/silver steelies/ no nav/ mileage is around 120,000. Frame has been cleaned and reprayed. No rust. Timing belt/water pump updated along with several other preventative maintenance items.. Asking $35,000 OBO

( please note these photos taken before installing steelies. )

Appreciate the offer, but this is out of my budget.

You missed out on a good one while you weren't looking (about 2 months ago).

Are you firm on the poverty pack options? I’d like to sell my 1998 LC soon and I’m located in Denver. I have standard options for the LC of that year and a mild build. We can take the conversation to PM if you’d like.

You missed out on a good one while you weren't looking (about 2 months ago).

Dang, this is basically the exact truck that I'm looking for. Wish I had seen it!
Are you firm on the poverty pack options? I’d like to sell my 1998 LC soon and I’m located in Denver. I have standard options for the LC of that year and a mild build. We can take the conversation to PM if you’d like.
Only on the sunroof - I'll send you a DM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom