100 Series US Market Poverty Pack Registry (No Sunroof, Cloth Seats, etc.) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheLCProject

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I wanted to start a thread to document as many US market "Poverty Pack" 100s as we can. These generally do not have a sunroof and have cloth seats. Other variations include no rear A/C, fixed rear quarter windows, and so on.

I'll start with mine and I'll include a blank template below.

TEMPLATE:
1. Year
2. VIN
3. Vehicle name (if any)
4. Mileage
5. Poverty pack characteristics (no sunroof, cloth, no third row, no rear heat, no rear A/C, fixed rear quarter windows, diff locks)
6. Mods...if any
7. How the truck is used
8. Photos of uniqueness

Mine:
1. 1999
2. JT3HT05J9X0026798
3. CRUZJER
4. 167,000 as of 1/1/2021
5. No sunroof, cloth seats, heated seats, no third row, no rear heat or rear A/C, fixed rear quarter windows, no rear differential lock, heated side mirrors
6. Hidden winch, OME 2866 rear springs, dual battery and air compressor
7. Almost exclusively for adventures (typically once per month)
PXL_20201028_234644689.jpg
IMG_20190814_203139.jpg
IMG_20190407_132449.jpg
IMG_20190814_203057.jpg

There are a couple others out there.. @pjess50 Any others?

Last edited:
Add me to the list of people who would love to have those cloth seats.

Surely the resources of this forum can find a source for the cloth, or something of similar look and quality.

Alita the Battle Cruiser:
1. 1998
2. VIN
3. Alita The Battle Cruiser
4. 203xxx (as of posting)
5. Standard vehicle but cloth option selected (e.g. rear locker, sunroof, power everything, heated side mirrors)
6. 1.5" OME lift, WKOR Sliders, lots of @BenCC enhancements, ScanGauge ii, JOYING 7" Android headunit with Apple Carplay and backup camera, Taramps 4x400 amp, Morel Maximo 6 Component speakers up front, Compustar/Drone Mobile remote start, FourRunner Big3 upgrade, Diode Dynamics SL1 driving lights, other stuff to come in the future
7. Daily Driver plus weekend camping, overlanding, wheeling, mtb and dog hauling rig
8. Photos of uniqueness

Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

TEMPLATE:
1. 1998
2. VIN
3. The Cruiser
4. Mileage In the neighbor hood of 300K I think. (edit: picked it up from the shop* this afternoon, 257K since we have had oversize tires on it since it had 80K on the clock it is probably close to 300K. )
5. No sunroof, cloth seats, no rear AC. Came with the rear locker
6. Mods; Front ARB (after the OEM diff exploded) Spreessomons first gen sliders, slight lift and Bilstein shocks. 33" tires.
7. How the truck is used abused: DD plus general road trips, backcountry roads, generaly trying to drive every dirt road in Nevada.
8. Photos of uniqueness: none, nothing about this rig says "Overland" "Rockcrawler" Etc. Even other 100 series owners don't realize it is lifted with oversize tires until I park next to them. It is a gray man.

*lower control arms replaced, new shoes tomorrow, shocks last summer, the suspension is probably good for anothe 150K now)

Last edited:
Here's mine 🙂.

1998, white.
204,000 miles.
Cloth interior, no sunroof, no rear AC, the rear windows do open with power and it does have a third row.
Rear locker that works like a charm.
She's completely stock and a daily driver though not every day. I tend to ride a bike to work often.

20190407_184605_HDR.jpg

20180706_182105.jpg

Last edited:
+1 I would love to have some cloth seats. I don't like to drive off-road or AutoX in leather. I slide around on leather seats too much.

This is wild. Didn't even know they came like this! I remember seeing an LX in Texas for sale without a sunroof and thought it was weird! Although I wish Toyota would go back to more utilitarian roots with the LC. Leave the luxury to Lexus.

I would just post this link, even though most of you have seen this. Your favorite flavor of the land cruiser never delivered to USA, neither to South Africa, nor to ausi, well probably it does not exist.

Last edited:
This is wild. Didn't even know they came like this! I remember seeing an LX in Texas for sale without a sunroof and thought it was weird! Although I wish Toyota would go back to more utilitarian roots with the LC. Leave the luxury to Lexus.
100 series LX without a sunroof?

I've seen a 80 series LX without, but 100..wow.

I have no plans (yet) to go all out on the LX, so going the heavy-tubed rock sliders is not an option, yet. I cannot loose the factory side steps as of the moment, my wife and kids needs those to go up and down without hurting themselves, but would like to gain a few inches ground clearance. So with that being said, I am planning to go ‘poverty’ side steps oem style (similar with the GCC and Australian trims).

841AF119-DF08-4981-BBA0-725266369E34.jpeg

I honestly haven’t seen one here stateside, so I’m curious if anyone has used this (this one’s from aliexpress).. Or I may be wrong, I think I saw one or a couple off of an 80, doable to retrofit that to our Lx/Lc? Maybe, but I’d have to find one first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom