Wait Times for LX600 allocations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look I don’t know you, but when people post things that are grossly inaccurate and easily proven wrong someone will say something.
So I checked the four Subaru stores in Seattle. The largest dealer has 128 the smallest had 7, that includes ground stock and cars inbound on allocation. Let’s just leave it at…. Inventory will slowly improve and things will get back to normal but certain models will remain hard to get for years. I mentioned I’m still waiting for a Bronco even though some dealers have a few. I ordered a fully optioned Wildtrak, Hardtop. We have a Ford store and I could have received a soft top missing a few features in the first year and it turned out the tow option I wanted has been the hold up. A good friend ordered the same Bronco on the same day, different color and she’s had her’s for 2 months. As for the LX600 it will be a few years but you can find a few Sequoia’s currently available. The TRD and Capstone will take months.

Look I don’t know you, but when people post things that are grossly inaccurate and easily proven wrong someone will say something.
So I checked the four Subaru stores in Seattle. The largest dealer has 128 the smallest had 7, that includes ground stock and cars inbound on allocation. Let’s just leave it at…. Inventory will slowly improve and things will get back to normal but certain models will remain hard to get for years. I mentioned I’m still waiting for a Bronco even though some dealers have a few. I ordered a fully optioned Wildtrak, Hardtop. We have a Ford store and I could have received a soft top missing a few features in the first year and it turned out the tow option I wanted has been the hold up. A good friend ordered the same Bronco on the same day, different color and she’s had her’s for 2 months. As for the LX600 it will be a few years but you can find a few Sequoia’s currently available. The TRD and Capstone will take months.
I don’t know you either and I am not in the car business (thank god). But did you check across the entire Carter Subaru network in Seattle? As of a week ago Sunday, that was where they were at. But the entire point is that Toyota (and Ford to some extent) needs to figure things out or they won’t be relevant against their competitors on the short to mid term.

I don’t know you either and I am not in the car business (thank god). But did you check across the entire Carter Subaru network in Seattle? As of a week ago Sunday, that was where they were at. But the entire point is that Toyota (and Ford to some extent) needs to figure things out or they won’t be relevant against their competitors on the short to mid term.
I did, they have 2 locations in the Seattle area
and their current inventory is 71 at one location and 87 at the other.

Does anyone know if or when they will be able to increase production on the LX? Chip shortages and other supply chain issues have to subside at some point?

I would love to know what percent production the plant is at that manufacturers the LC and LX. Still, no way in hell I am waiting 2-3 years for this. I just want to be able to take one for a test drive to see if I even like it or want one.

Official word from dealers so far relayed on this thread is….2-3 years for delivery. That’s all anyone needs to know

Official word from dealers so far relayed on this thread is….2-3 years for delivery. That’s all anyone needs to know
So that assumes no increase in production in 2-3 years? I would assume production will increase at some point, even marginally.

I would agree 2-3 years if they maintain current low production. Most people will move to another manufacturer as they don’t have that much patience.

Having the funds or not, I don’t think the LX600 is worth waiting for 2-3 years at all. Not with that ugly grill it has. You can get a Sequoia quicker and it has almost everything the LX600 offers with a better looking grill.

I get one of the main advantages is that the LX600 is Japanese made but still not worth 2-3 year wait in my opinion.

Having the funds or not, I don’t think the LX600 is worth waiting for 2-3 years at all. Not with that ugly grill it has. You can get a Sequoia quicker and it has almost everything the LX600 offers with a better looking grill.

I get one of the main advantages is that the LX600 is Japanese made but still not worth 2-3 year wait in my opinion.

According to cars.com there are only 115 LX 600’s available, while there are 540 Sequoias. I am sure all the LXs are presold, but not sure about the Sequoia.

Better shot at getting a Sequoia for sure. Just don’t like the back row and cargo situation.

As someone who has tried to talk himself into an LX I agree.

Too bad the Sequoia has that awful third row situation.

As someone who has tried to talk himself into an LX I agree.

Too bad the Sequoia has that awful third row situation.

This is us, we went in with full intentions of ordering the LX600 but after test driving one and spending the better part of half an hour with it we just weren't impressed. The Sequoia has us sold on paper and via what we've seen in person driving by, via internet reviews and online images, but until we play with one in person and see how weird that third row and cargo situation is, we just can't commit to one. I have a feeling that it's going to bother us.

This is us, we went in with full intentions of ordering the LX600 but after test driving one and spending the better part of half an hour with it we just weren't impressed. The Sequoia has us sold on paper and via what we've seen in person driving by, via internet reviews and online images, but until we play with one in person and see how weird that third row and cargo situation is, we just can't commit to one. I have a feeling that it's going to bother us.

So frustrating haha. My vehicle search is what led me here to the forums. I know I would prefer a Toyota/Lexus SUV but there have been compromises with every one.

GX460 - Best value/bang for buck but have been on a wait list for nearly 3 months now and still wrestle over some of the styling. Namely the grill and all the chrome but also their packages make it impossible to get one optioned exactly how I would like.

200 Series HE - Handsome and legendary truck but IMO overpriced in this market. This is the one I really want but can’t bring myself to drop 6 figs with its lack of tech and interior that reminds me of my grandma’s pantry.

Sequoia - 3rd row storage/lack of seat removal sucks.

LX600 - Lexus please stop with the predator grill on your SUV’s. I haven’t been able to drive one but after sitting in one and playing around with the cockpit it’s just a really odd duck to me. Definitely not worth the wait nor worth the price they are going for used. If I’m spending $160k on a vehicle it will be a 911 GT variant or a G Wagon.

According to cars.com there are only 115 LX 600’s available, while there are 540 Sequoias. I am sure all the LXs are presold, but not sure about the Sequoia.

Better shot at getting a Sequoia for sure. Just don’t like the back row and cargo situation.
I noticed a couple of listings for MSRP. These both had photos of them on the showroom floor. One of them is gone now but I am curious if these would actually sell for sticker?

I noticed a couple of listings for MSRP. These both had photos of them on the showroom floor. One of them is gone now but I am curious if these would actually sell for sticker?
Some dealers won’t sell above sticker, but I bet those are few and far between. Those bastards trying to get $30k++ above sticker = criminal.

So frustrating haha. My vehicle search is what led me here to the forums. I know I would prefer a Toyota/Lexus SUV but there have been compromises with every one.

GX460 - Best value/bang for buck but have been on a wait list for nearly 3 months now and still wrestle over some of the styling. Namely the grill and all the chrome but also their packages make it impossible to get one optioned exactly how I would like.

200 Series HE - Handsome and legendary truck but IMO overpriced in this market. This is the one I really want but can’t bring myself to drop 6 figs with its lack of tech and interior that reminds me of my grandma’s pantry.

Sequoia - 3rd row storage/lack of seat removal sucks.

LX600 - Lexus please stop with the predator grill on your SUV’s. I haven’t been able to drive one but after sitting in one and playing around with the cockpit it’s just a really odd duck to me. Definitely not worth the wait nor worth the price they are going for used. If I’m spending $160k on a vehicle it will be a 911 GT variant or a G Wagon.
I’ve heard G-Wagons have come down in price and apparently some dealers aren’t marking them up when ordering new. Not sure how true that is but if someone has a good relationship with a dealer, that could certainly help. I love them but my wife won’t let me buy one as she thinks it advertises wealth. I can’t disagree but I just like them regardless:meh: If your intention is to not off-road, have you looked at a BMW X7 M50i MY19-22? They are a lot of fun to drive and one particular owner on Bimmerpost Forum drove his from SC to Alaska where he lives and drives it pretty much everywhere there year-round as his daily, taking it on gravel-dirt-snowy roads with the exception of anything above easy trails. He’s had no issues thus far.

The new LX isn’t that bad and would look much better with the Dissent front bumper and some more aggressive A/T to give it a more beefy look.

Some dealers won’t sell above sticker, but I bet those are few and far between. Those bastards trying to get $30k++ above sticker = criminal.
You mean like this? I think some Lexus dealers are just trying to keep one on hand to show customers and if someone really wants it, they have to pay a big premium as the Lexus dealer will have none to show since they are all pre-sold when they come in. 2022 Lexus LX 600 Luxury Knoxville TN | Farragut Maryville Oak Ridge Tennessee JTJGB7CX2N4012142 - https://www.lexusofknoxville.com/new-Knoxville-2022-Lexus-LX-600+Luxury-JTJGB7CX2N4012142

You mean like this? I think some Lexus dealers are just trying to keep one on hand to show customers and if someone really wants it, they have to pay a big premium as the Lexus dealer will have none to show since they are all pre-sold when they come in. 2022 Lexus LX 600 Luxury Knoxville TN | Farragut Maryville Oak Ridge Tennessee JTJGB7CX2N4012142 - https://www.lexusofknoxville.com/new-Knoxville-2022-Lexus-LX-600+Luxury-JTJGB7CX2N4012142

Yikes, just like that 😂. I would love to be able to test drive one, but none are available locally- all are presold.

I’ve heard G-Wagons have come down in price and apparently some dealers aren’t marking them up when ordering new. Not sure how true that is but if someone has a good relationship with a dealer, that could certainly help. I love them but my wife won’t let me buy one as she thinks it advertises wealth. I can’t disagree but I just like them regardless:meh: If your intention is to not off-road, have you looked at a BMW X7 M50i MY19-22? They are a lot of fun to drive and one particular owner on Bimmerpost Forum drove his from SC to Alaska where he lives and drives it pretty much everywhere there year-round as his daily, taking it on gravel-dirt-snowy roads with the exception of anything above easy trails. He’s had no issues thus far.

The new LX isn’t that bad and would look much better with the Dissent front bumper and some more aggressive A/T to give it a more beefy look.
I'm in contractor sales and don't really want a vehicle that is flashy or "in your face" so as badass as I think they are I would probably never own a G Wagon. My ideal scenario right now is a daily driver that is rugged and can handle some mild off roading but is also comfy around town while occasionally being a mobile office. Alongside that I have plans for a "fun car" but not sure if sports car/sedan talk is acceptable here at mud lol.

My 4R does most of this but it seriously lacks refinement of my previous trucks hence why I have started looking into LC's and the Lexus side of things. That being said the LX really leans a bit too hard into that flash I don't want mainly due to the grill. The GX is a bit toned down and just takes on a totally different image once you throw a lift and some sliders/bumpers on it.

Last edited:
Here is one of the examples I was referring to. https://www.tustinlexus.com/invento...plink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=cars.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom