Vortec Oil Pressure Sensor Adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So ive searched around without much luck, looking to see if anyone sells or knows where to find something like whats in the post below. Allows the use of the GM and Toyota oil pressure sensor. I know it could be made and trust me, if I wasnt forced to work from home I would, any helps appreciated.

Jags That Run sells one, Oil Pressure Sending Unit Adaptor Toyota FJ40/FJ60 LX engine swaps

What year vortec engine are you swapping in? The sensor itself may not be required unless you are running a newer vortec that has displacement on demand and you can use a cheaper / more common adapter to just retain the OEM Toyota sensor for the stock cluster. I have never needed to retain the OEM GM sensor on a Gen3 / Gen4 swap.

When I did the 4.3GM swap in my mini I just wrapped the sender in a few extra wraps of teflon tape. Block was, I believe straight thread and the sender is tapered thread. Hasn't yet leaked in better than 20 years. Might try that and see how it works for you.

The location on the 4.3L was on the p/side block. Don't know where yours is.

Last edited:
Jags That Run sells one, Oil Pressure Sending Unit Adaptor Toyota FJ40/FJ60 LX engine swaps

What year vortec engine are you swapping in? The sensor itself may not be required unless you are running a newer vortec that has displacement on demand and you can use a cheaper / more common adapter to just retain the OEM Toyota sensor for the stock cluster. I have never needed to retain the OEM GM sensor on a Gen3 / Gen4 swap.

The engine is from an '03 so you may be correct on that, the harness I get may not need the OEM sensor

According to the pinout on 2004 Vortec PCM Pinouts the 2003-2007 (Blue/Green Connectors) the PCM does receive an oil pressure sensor signal, but its marked as removable, so you can just remove it and kill the code in the PCM when it gets programmed, or you can run both sensors and keep the signal to the ECU which may allow you to pick it up on a scanner, but not sure how accurate the OEM sensor is to say if its worth the trouble or not.

According to the pinout on 2004 Vortec PCM Pinouts the 2003-2007 (Blue/Green Connectors) the PCM does receive an oil pressure sensor signal, but its marked as removable, so you can just remove it and kill the code in the PCM when it gets programmed, or you can run both sensors and keep the signal to the ECU which may allow you to pick it up on a scanner, but not sure how accurate the OEM sensor is to say if its worth the trouble or not.

I checked PSI's site and their harness doesnt run it anyway so ill just swap it out for the Toyota unit, do you happen to know where I can find an adapter for it? 1/8 BSP to 16x1.5 is quite a difficult size to find

I used ICT Billet LS Engine Swap M16 1.5 Adapter to 1/8 NPT Oil Pressure Sensor from Amazon because I wanted it quickly, you can find similar ones on eBay for cheaper. While a 1/8 BSP adapter would be ideal the NPT works fine, just add a bit of Teflon tape or thread sealant.

If you want one that is BSP you can get the JTR and just use the GM sensor, cap it off or pick up this one Oil pressure sensor adaptor - M16 x 1.5 to 1/8 from Marks 4WD in Australia.

Appreciate the help with this, just ordered that one off of amazon

No problem! Just a reminder, check that fitting for leaks when you first fire up the motor to ensure its sealed nice and tight.

I use the part shown below. I drill and tap it to 1/8NPT. It mounts just above the oil filter.

I have it listed as GM #12551587

The part shown 12551595 may already be tapped :) I am going to order one to see. I still have 3 of the other on the shelf.

s-l1600.jpg

@cruisermatt powertrain and chassis in WINTER park Florida ,,

this snappy fellow member and fellow SUPPORTING VENDOR is the single source for when i need this part ...

m

1706349487291.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom