Visitor from Chicago wants to run with us Arizonans: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alia176 from Chicago contacted me via email asking me for info about doing runs in our lovely state. He's looking for both N and S AZ trips. I'm finalizing our holiday schedule right now so I can throw out some possibilites real soon. Meanwhile, maybe some of you can open your "Toyota Trails" up to our guest by posting info on this thread about runs you may have planned?

For now....here's what I know we're up for:

Sedona area (Dec 27 or 28, trail options depends on weather)
New Year's Day run down south. I've been asked by my buddy Dave Cook (FJ60). Destination not decided. More info to follow.

John and Becky

Re: Coming to AZ!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing the area. I would love to put some names and faces together on this trip. Let me know where we should set up base camp up North and South.

Here's my contact info:

Ali
312-286-4020 cell
aali@usg.com (work email, always connected to my PDA)

hey cool I will actually be home in Sedona during that time... Lucky me! :) What trails are you thinking?

Hey guys,

Send some heat our way dudes, it's freaking cold here in the Midwest! Thanks for the dates, as they help shape up my plans a little better. We have no particular schedule, only to visit some friends in Sedona area (Cornville, I think), one friend in Flagstaff and my dad in Chandler. Looking forward to getting the heck outta here and see some sun.

Sure thing, The weather in Sedona according to my girlfriend has been stellar. big blue sky and red red rocks. Come on down below the rim to experiance the stunning views ( even a quick trip up schnebly road will reveal killer views) ;)

Tools R Us said:
How about the Florence area for New Years?

I'm down! That's a quick trip from Chandler too.

id like to do sedona as would a friend of mine in his tacoma, hopfully in the near near future any one else up for it?

mike

I've been battling a staff infection and been getting IV antbiotics. They say it's some skin-caused thing and nobody has any idea where I got it? In any event, I don't want to mess up a Sedona/N AZ trip for our Chicaga'n guest. Is anybody willing to make the decision which day (27 or 28), where, and when, and lead? We still may make it if this thing goes away, though I don't want to stop the trip because some show interest. Any helpers out there? If we do show up I'd be happy to lead or follow.

Hi folks,

We're hoping to hit the road back home by/around the 30th just so we can saunter back home. We'll be leaving ILL 12/23, visit Kumar at KS that night. Then we're AZ/NM bound on 12/24. The plan currently is to stay with a friend who can accomodate our popup camper in their property near Sedona. If that doesn't work out then we'll need to find a camp ground in the lower elevation for warmer nights. We can hook up with whoever/whenever for the Sedona and No Ariz trail runs. I assume that Crown King trail will be under snow this time of the year? Since we're leaving frigid Midwest temps, we want to see some sunny/warm trail if possible on this trip! Hopefully, a trail or two down South would be nice.

I'll be checking this forum whenever I have access. Otherwise plesae send me an email to alia176atyahoo.

Thanks fellas and hope to hook up with some of you fine folks.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention a little about the Ali family - one really smartass wife and a navigator (debateble at times), Ronan the 5 yearls old Rottweiler, Reliey the 6 mos old Colllie/lab mix, one heavily laden 80 and one really old popup camper! This is Riley's first trip so we don't know what to expect out of him! For his sake, he better not get on Ronan's nerves, it's a small space back there!

See ya,

Ali

crown king really is a must do,,, there isnt snow up there yet, and unless a big wet cold front blows in there wont be. weather here has really been up and down alot, prolly though it will be a real nice day for you comming from the midwest, expect sun and upper 60's during the day.

Looks as though I am recovering and we will be able to leave on vacation. I will start a thread tomorrow on a Sedona 27th of December run. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom