Video review of Dissent rear swingout bumper? + convince me why I need this (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I'm on the fence to get this bumper.. I really just like it for the looks and build quality, but I can't logically convince myself why I need it.

1. Does anyone have the rear swingout bumper and could shoot a quick walkthrough of the bumper and its operation?

2. Can you convince me of why this is a good purchase?

Thank you!

@jumptrader

Obviously its a good purchase but do you NEED it?
I have been following @benc from the start and have read each thread, there have been no complaints; nothing but praise for his products.

What are you needs with your current setup? For me I would rather have a drawer system and an AUX fuel tank first - but those are based on my needs / wants a rear bumper is further down the list for me.

trust me you NEED this bumper :)

“Need” is very subjective... a better question is why do you want it? If it is purely cosmetic, then you may not be happy with the results since it will trigger the open checkbook syndrome which will result in tires, rims, lift, sliders, rack, drawers, lights... possibly divorce? YMMV

My purchase from from Ben was for multiple reasons. First (want) was that my origional jumpers where shot with paint peeling off. Either spend mine at the body shop or put it toward awesomeness! Second (want) was that with a swing out, the spare would not be hanging low and since I also WANTED larger tires that was even more of a consideration. Third (need) was for a carrier that would be easy to open. In my opinion Ben’s design is the easiest and my wife agrees which is the most important part of this equation!

I could go on about my reasoning, but ultimately the part that should matter is that I have never looked back. I have never seen a negative review of Ben’s products or service. So if you are in the market for a bumper, go give him a visit and take your checkbook!

I'm tempted to... very tempted to. :)

You're on the way to Tahoe from SF, right?
I'm down on the Peninsula if you'd like to see it in person. Let me know and we can find a time to connect.

Honestly, if you aren't in need of the bumper/tire carrier ie. you aren't doing wheeling where you scrape your rear bumper, or your spare will no longer fit underneath due to tire size... then I would pass.

Getting in and out of the rear is a big pain the tush if you have a single or double swing out. I avoid tossing groceries, purchases in the back now because my hands are full, it takes me two hands to open (mine is a SLEE, Ben improved on this in my opinion) the carrier and then the hatch then the tailgate. By the time I have done all that, my groceries have spoiled, my kids are crying and day has become night.

That said, I use mine to carry crap on it, and it helps when coming down on rocks off ledges but for shear looks... I'd gladly spend that $2k other places... like an off-road trip where I rip off my factory bumpers then I NEED Benc's sutff. ;)

Getting in and out of the rear is a big pain the tush if you have a single or double swing out. I avoid tossing groceries, purchases in the back now because my hands are full, it takes me two hands to open (mine is a SLEE, Ben improved on this in my opinion) the carrier and then the hatch then the tailgate. By the time I have done all that, my groceries have spoiled, my kids are crying and day has become night.

For what it is worth... my experience with swing outs prior this were pretty limited. Only friends rigs and a couple that I looked at... the traditional latch is tough. Ben’s latch system works with one hand in a pinch although I personally use a little shoulder against the spare to make it open smoothly! But the real test is my wife... she still uses the back all of the time even with the swing out. I do have a double swing but have not mounted it yet and may only only mount as needed because I can se that being more difficult,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom