VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

24v Alternator Update.

BRAE said my voltage regulator was roasted and so they built a plug-and-play wiring harness for a new one that would just click into my alternator. Basically dummy proofed it because me not so smart.

Since I've had to warranty the Napa brand batteries that were in the truck recently and the manufacturer changed the name inbetween warranties, I had two different looking batteries as well.

BRAE said to make sure my batteries were exactly the same, so I decided the two in the 74 were going to become my camping trailer batteries and I picked up two new batteries on the way home.

Hooked everything back up...

And it apparently is doing what it's supposed to be doing :). 28.4volts.

FYI:. BRAE did say that if the diode pack or stator do go eventually, it would be either months or maybe impossible to repair my Alternator. Not sure if it's that different than what other folks on here have in their rigs, but they were glad it didn't need a rebuild. Apparently not as possible as they first thought. So yeah, cross your fingers folks and if you can find a good used one then buy it, cause there ain't too many other options out there apparently.

Anyways, the insurance plates are back on it so tomorrow it gets to see pavement again.

Cheerio folks!

So the search continues for 24V alternator source for 13BT. Was the 13BT ever sold
12V? It was a short run before they went to HZ 73 series, which I presume are 12V.
BJ74 was only 3? Or 4 Year run?

So the search continues for 24V alternator source for 13BT. Was the 13BT ever sold
12V? It was a short run before they went to HZ 73 series, which I presume are 12V.
BJ74 was only 3? Or 4 Year run?

They're out there, you just have to be willing to lay out the cash.

They're out there, you just have to be willing to lay out the cash.
No, that’s the thing. I’ve not even been able to find one. I have found lots of
12V, but not one new or rebuilt ( by reputable dealer ) 24V. I’ve found eBay doesn’t
count, unless the seller is verifiable which lots aren’t.

No, that’s the thing. I’ve not even been able to find one. I have found lots of
12V, but not one new or rebuilt ( by reputable dealer ) 24V. I’ve found eBay doesn’t
count, unless the seller is verifiable which lots aren’t.

Brand new Toyota OEM 24V BJ74 alternators:

Amayama shows stock of 10+ of 27020-56400. $1266CAD ea

Megazip shows stock of 27020-56320 (although sometimes they're wrong). $1260USD ea

I think if you use those two part numbers and search around the web you'll find aftermarket ones too. For example:

I knew I could count on you! Never looked at the main distributors. So it
begs, why is it so hard to find rebuilds? Thanks though. I’d pony up for a new one
if I needed it, I was concentrating on the rebuilds, Bosch and Jaycee, they had nothing.
Aussies and kiwis got it right, 12V - to heck with NATO.

Hey, since I got you here, check my GTurbo thread. Something weird on the injection pump
in front of the stop lever. Kinda curious as to what it is. It’s factory installed, has original
lead sealed tie wire. Altitude compensator? Just don’t know

Know anyone using a Caravan for deliveries, work, etc? These floors were $1500+ Before Ranger stopped making them. 1.2 hr install time (by book time). I’ve got this one to sell. Willing to give a discount to club members (or friends of). If you know of someone interested, I'm willing to work something out.

I'd hate to sell such a fine piece of workmanship as scrap metal. It's somewhat larger than a sheet of plywood, almost 1/8" thick aluminum, plus all the cross beams and structure to boot. On one hand sprinter vans are now plentiful... but for a heck of a lot less, a Caravan could be an economical, stealth, work van that'll still fit into a parkade. Part of keeping tools secure can be hiding them in plane sight. A white sprinter van screams contractor vehicle... silver Caravans aren't as noticeable.

Last edited:
Need help.
Interested in getting some Cleco Rivets and tool for some sheet metal work.
Don‘t want to make the same mistake and buy some cheap stuff from Princess Auto
like I did with my Nutsert tool. Not unless someone has one that they can verify is
quality and works accurately.

Need help.
like I did with my Nutsert tool. Not unless someone has one that they can verify is

Umm, okay, how on earth did I not know what these were...my brain just 🤯

Need help.
Come and borrow mine any time :hillbilly:

ISO: low profile steel roller fairlead

I've ordered synthetic winch line and my steel hawse Fairlead won't do.

I will have 150' of 5/16" steel cable and a steel hawse Fairlead available if someone wants to trade.

Last edited:
I use a steel hawse fairlead with rope. I don't think the rope knows the difference. I use it many times per day while wheeling. Also used as suck down. Rollers are for steel cable.

Come and borrow mine any time :hillbilly:
You have a good idea. You can help me panel the back end in. Good news, got
the new windshield in, new rubber gasket. So it won’t fall out again. But I won’t
ever not carry wide ratchet strap again

You have a good idea. You can help me panel the back end in. Good news, got
the new windshield in, new rubber gasket. So it won’t fall out again. But I won’t
ever not carry wide ratchet strap again
KMS tools have Cleco rivets and tools. They looked ok, but I’ve never seen any others.

60 series series roof rack. Heavy steel construction doesn’t come with lights. Good for bush rig. Make me an offer. I’m building a new one for roof top tent.
C2F1A6AE-4815-48B1-B039-617B005D4097.jpeg
837566FF-8DF6-4D55-8F12-A23FFB0F7799.jpeg
58282A7F-36E1-49E5-809D-7192359C3184.jpeg

B81584DB-E927-4C4F-9A31-E628ABC303F0.jpeg

In case anyone else wants to make a tree swing.
Canadian Tire Royal Oak

1A000F2E-1293-4D98-A2FF-FE72F6815D3B.png

Can’t find who was looking for one of these.

Gonna flog the mighty ghetto lathe. I threw it up on used Nanaimo for 225, but half price for you lot. (What I paid)

Ghetto as hell, but it's been incredibly useful.

Now that I have the 2500 lb meat grinder of death I haven't been using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom