VI Cruisers Meet - November 29th 6:30pm @ 6mile pub (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, you aim for 530 and still get there at 630.

Earlier is good for me too tho.

I'll have a dig for the stuff on @cruisedeisel 's list. I might have some of that s***.

Not seat belts tho. Decent 40 seatbelts are rare as snake s*** it seems. I've been trying to find a good rubber cover for my passenger side retractor thing for years.

Its on the calendar, I'm in. Will be sending Pm's to people with parts I would love to obtain.

40 series:

Side steps
24v signal relay
Roll bar
Decent seat belts, I can always just go to the pick n pull.
Heater box and plumbing
24 volt fuel control relay??? Might be a long shot?
Anybody have a 70's series fold and tumble rear seat? Do they fold and tumble or same as the 60 series, lift and flop?

3b starter and alternator 12 or 24 volt. Just trying to complete an engine I have sitting around.

I think that's how my canadian 70 rear seat worked. My 60 has a split rear seat, but I think it's the same. Leans forward, you have to pull the head rests out for the second flip up.

I think jeep rear seats work that way too, if you can hold your nose while installing. A smidge more common.

I don’t have a 24v fuel control relay but I did just fix this one for someone. It had an open relay coil so I replaced it with a high quality IDEC, unfortunately I couldn’t find one that would mount nicely in the case, so an external relay instead that got covered with heat shrink. If you bring me a dead fuel controller I could attempt to bring it back to life.
IMG_0517.jpeg
IMG_0521.jpeg
IMG_0523.jpeg

I don’t have a 24v fuel control relay but I did just fix this one for someone. It had an open relay coil so I replaced it with a high quality IDEC, unfortunately I couldn’t find one that would mount nicely in the case, so an external relay instead that got covered with heat shrink. If you bring me a dead fuel controller I could attempt to bring it back to life.
View attachment 3476763View attachment 3476764View attachment 3476762
Mine might be further gone? One sounds like a box of smarties when I shake it. I'll open it up and see. Im not huge into electronics but I can grind through them. A simple wiring diagram an I could attempt it?

6:30 will be fine even though I still hit all the bad traffic no matter what. Nanaimo is getting pretty bad these days.

IMG_2289.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg
I can’t speak to the quality but someone out there is making replacements

Cool!!!^^^^^ looks well built.

View attachment 3476782

View attachment 3476783I can’t speak to the quality but someone out there is making replacements
Do you have the 12v version of that saved handy as well?

Been thinking about getting an edic to work sorta standalone from the harness, so I could add it to the 40.
Pretty sure I have a few edic motors, maybe fuel controls too.

Maybe have it turn off with a key or some crazy s*** like that lol

For that i think you would be better off with a push pull solenoid wired off the ignition operating the valve on the pump.

Something along these lines but obviously would have to have the right length of throw or at an angle and have the strength to make that throw happen. Amazon product ASIN B082HY9Y18

For that i think you would be better off with a push pull solenoid wired off the ignition operating the valve on the pump.

Something along these lines but obviously would have to have the right length of throw or at an angle and have the strength to make that throw happen. Amazon product ASIN B082HY9Y18
Interesting. Hadn't seen those before.

I considered a door lock cylinder before. They snap in and out pretty hard but that'd be easier I suspect.

I still want to play with a edic and fuel control on the bench. If only to test they work so I can purge some junk from the shed.

Ya and the option of low oil pressure shut off is the keystone of any million kilometre engine. It has saved 2 of my 3B’s in the past.

Full disclosure. Both my own lack of proper turbo oil feed lines. Not Toyotas engineering.

Ya and the option of low oil pressure shut off is the keystone of any million kilometre engine. It has saved 2 of my 3B’s in the past.

Both my own lack of proper turbo oil feed lines. Not Toyotas engineering. Full disclosure.
Yeah that too. I have a big red light, but it's not always easy to see when the sun hits it.

View attachment 3476782

View attachment 3476783I can’t speak to the quality but someone out there is making replacements
Good thing I have a next door, next level electronics neighbor that's always wanting to help for pesos on the dollar.

J**P TJ seats fold, tumble, and are easily removable. I’ve got one to go in mine, but don’t have the original brackets to mount it.

Buying originals would cost more than the seat did and they could be a compromise. Therefore, I’ll design and fabricate something that’ll fit perfectly… and take way longer to build. The down side of no time and not wanting to spend any money. The upside is that it will work great when it’s finally done.

Ugh! Jeep parts

29th SOLD!
6 mile works for me
but doesn't really matter to me.
@OTBT @Wag RedMoon @crustyBJ60 you in?
4 hour round trip plus however long I hang out there… pretty much rules out a meeting on a school night for me.

Thursday nights were an option for the last year but I’ve gone back to working 5 days a week, so “South Island adventures” are back to being a weekend event.

4 hour round trip plus however long I hang out there… pretty much rules out a meeting on a school night for me.

Thursday nights were an option for the last year but I’ve gone back to working 5 days a week, so “South Island adventures” are back to being a weekend event.
Yeesh. You sound like I did for 20 years when every meet was in Victoria:flipoff2:

(Not to mention always on school nights when perfectly good weekends were right there the whole time:lol: )

Ugh! Jeep parts
The mere thought turns my stomach… but these days they’re most likely made by another company for Jeep anyway… and cheaper than having them custom made to fit a Landcruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom