VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh man, don't remind me. Lordco is the worst. Their 'on-the-shelf' prices are like double normal retail. I despise them for that. You gotta have an account and take advantage of their price matching.

Their only real win is access.

Oh man, don't remind me. Lordco is the worst. Their 'on-the-shelf' prices are like double normal retail. I despise them for that. You gotta have an account and take advantage of their price matching.

Their only real win is access.

True, but the account price is a pile of poo. They have an inflated price on the invoice to make you feel like you got a great deal..Rock Auto is gonna kill there business and I think Amazon is going to destroy most all parts companies with a 2 day delivery.

Reminds me of those Stanley socket sets at Canadian Tire that are virtually always on sale for $99. Regular price $299. Ridiculous. I think it's becoming a more common tactic to make the regular price higher in order to make the sale or current price seem like a deal. They're not a bad deal at $99 but nobody would pay three hunny.

I'll have to check into Rock Auto. I always had a little resentment towards Lordco for their pricing system and would try to go to Burnside Auto instead.

JB aka Bumper to Bumper has been giving me good prices.

What about going with a Dobinson spring kit. The guy is on here David Otero. They are based in Florida, but ship to US address. Use seawings or whichever importer to get it across.
Dobinsons make a huge about of springs for the Australian and 4x4 markets.
I just got a lift through them for the 80 series, the amount of spring combinations were almost staggering, but David had lots of time to email me with info on all of them. Ended up with a progressive rate coil that feels great and similar price to the OME kits with some more features. Always quick to respond back with questions. So far I'm really liking the feel of the new coils I got. Anyways, just another avenue to check out. Here is the link for the 60.
Landcruiser 60 Series (1980 - 1990) - FJ60, FJ62, HJ60, HJ61 - https://www.dobinsonsprings.com

JB aka Bumper to Bumper has been giving me good prices.

Seems like every parts store that wasn't part of the lordco or napa chains has become bumper to bumper.

What about going with a Dobinson spring kit. The guy is on here David Otero. They are based in Florida, but ship to US address. Use seawings or whichever importer to get it across.
Dobinsons make a huge about of springs for the Australian and 4x4 markets.
I just got a lift through them for the 80 series, the amount of spring combinations were almost staggering, but David had lots of time to email me with info on all of them. Ended up with a progressive rate coil that feels great and similar price to the OME kits with some more features. Always quick to respond back with questions. So far I'm really liking the feel of the new coils I got. Anyways, just another avenue to check out. Here is the link for the 60.
Landcruiser 60 Series (1980 - 1990) - FJ60, FJ62, HJ60, HJ61 - https://www.dobinsonsprings.com

Totally open to brands other than emu. I think they're pretty over rated. Especially now with the Dakar springs, bought a set for my 70. They sucked. Rigid as hell and more lean than the worn out junk they replaced.

The 61 having the crushing mass of a collapsed sun will probably help them flex I guess if I go that way.

Still debating if my crusty old 61 is even worth spending 2k on springs for.

I have a question that others might know, someone mentioned the length of the rears on 75's are the
same as a 60 series? Any way to verify that?

From here.
Great write up's

0ABC1476-35FE-4524-B062-162DFA323298.jpeg
86351335-D10F-4B1E-B3BF-FDFF17AFDAED.png

GONE to seapotato
Free! Want them gone. set of 4 dirty wheels in great shape with almost new tires.
59520278-327C-4234-9092-500B5A1808C4.jpeg
4A95D11A-4D1C-4F36-AC84-DE80307BD95F.jpeg
8387F095-80B7-4895-BFCC-D037DE7D2BF4.jpeg
D7506399-A934-4535-AF20-EBAEB4151A7E.jpeg

Last edited:
GONE to Rigpig
Free set of semi truck chains with cam locks cut down to size no breaks will fit a 33 inch tire after being cut down to size.
DB006BA6-1370-47A8-946D-02F22B7FEAA4.jpeg

Last edited:
What were those on? My celica will need rubber when I start driving it again. (5x100)
they came off a chev z24 I think they fit most cars as they have five bolt spacing and four bolt. As long as the rears don’t need a different offset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom