Vendors for 70 series Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Metaltech makes em .

Gave them a call and got shot down. They said not enough 70 series out there right now to justify making them.

I spoke to Mark the owner last year at the Southern Cruiser Crawl and he assured me that they had them and where still making them but didn't had them listed online !

There is a Canadian guy also making apparently the exact same sliders but I can't remember the name right now,somebody will chime in with that probably soon enough ;)

The crusin off road sliders seem to be the nicest of all that I have seen online. If Jason quit making them, then that is a bummer.

Why not just go to a local fab shop and have some made?

If you were local to me I would build you a set for $500-1000 depending on what you wanted.

Sliders are not difficult to make.

Cheers

I don't think Jason is shipping sliders any more, but you could ask him.
They are super nice, have them on my 81 and 74.

Yeah Jason makes them but will not ship to the US. But if you can arrange your own shipping you are golden.

Honestly though, any 4x4 shop near you can make some for you with a couple days and for $400-800 depending on what you want.

Like RMPO says, if there is a local shop, they should be able to fab something up for you.
Also, if you look on Ebay, there are some DIY kits.

On another note, this may sound strange, but measure the distance from your rear wheel well to front wheel well,
and I'll bet some of the 4 door Jeep Sliders or Tacoma Sliders are very close to the distance of your cruiser.

They will NOT be bolt on, but you can modify them. Cut off the "bolt on" attachments of the Jeep or Taco Sliders,
and make your own extensions from the frame rail to your sliders; then weld them on to your frame. I'm sure they will be close, and save you some coin. Certainly not 'bolt-on", but will save your Cruiser body from damage if you plan on doing some crawlin'

The most difficult part will be working around the exhaust on the right side of your Cruiser.

Also, You may have to grind a 1/4" or 1/2" at the bottom of the body seam of your Cruiser to get the sliders closer to the body.
This is what I've seen on some folks that have done weld on sliders.

Good luck.
Keep us posted with pics.

Last edited:
Inevitably I will end up with one of the Ebay kits like this depending on th elength I need for the 73:
Trail Gear 120002-1-KIT Rock Slider Kit 1984-88 Toyota Pickup Xtra Cab 12433000731 | eBay

And get a gusset kit:
Trail-Gear 120008-1-KIT Rock Slider Mount Kit 8 Leg 12433000755 | eBay

I had a similar design on my 40. They took a beating. The key is ensuring you guarantee your welds past the end of the driveway. Also be sure they stick out past the curve in the door. A buddy got some ARB sliders for his FJ and they don't stick out far enough to prtect his door and door handle. But you guys all know that. :flipoff2:

Funny you say that, I was sweating where exactly to hang them. I spent some time under there looking at just that.
These things can also protect against door dings from parking lot idiots as well.

I have also seen some pretty big gaps between the rocker and slider (horizontally and vertically) and some very small gaps as well. It seems like an inch or two of variance. I like a tighter look, but not so much as to collect gravel or mud in the gap vertically.

Thanks again!! Cheers @Hugh Heifer

The Trail Gear kit is all tub so it won't gather mud like the ones with the long 3 inch by 2 inch square skid along the bottom. Both have their advantage I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom