Value of a rebuilt 62 series? Good daily driver? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, my only experience with a LC has been a fantastic 200 series. I’m looking to go back to an LC and I found an 85 62 series, that had a body off frame restoration, looks great, no rust. It’s a manual with the 3f engine., AC working, seats look new, pretty flawless for the age.
I looked on classifieds but cannot figure what’s a fair value.

Secondary, would this be an ok daily driver? I know it’s fairly slow and mpg is not great, but how is it otherwise?

thanks

if you are coming from a 200 series, the 60 series will be a completely different daily driver…

I have done both, and I actually enjoy both, it just depends on how busy you are, lol

62 has been a great daily driver, mine being diesel, I get pretty good MPG and have been taking it on long road trips, and it has been very reliable.

However, they aren’t super quiet and have a harsh ride, also not very fast.

But it’s as charming and cool as it gets!

As a DD, you will see 12mpg city. In Calif, that could get expensive. It's rough, slow, loud, but fun. Frustrating in heavy traffic if you have to make sudden acceleration moves to get around someone.

My 85 FJ60 (2F) is my daily driver. 15 mile commute mostly freeway. It is slow really really slow merging onto the freeway is interesting. Gas milage is 13-15, freeway speeds 35-65 depending on traffic. I am not a heavy footed driver and in no hurry, so cruising in the right lane is not a issue. I enjoy driving my cruiser as a daily driver and someday may do an engine swap. Every time I look at new car prices the engine swap makes more sense. The new Bronco is cool but not 80K cool.

sounds like an import, 3F would be carbed and manual trans
smog issues could be a big PITA
is it registered in CA currently?

Last edited:
Are the 70 series more comfortable to drive?

Are the 70 series more comfortable to drive?

They are pretty similar overall…but depends on the model and wheelbase…but don’t expect speed from 70 series that you can import lol. Lots of choices, but really only a few you would want at this point. Again, watch out for any from South America

That 62 looks sketchy and has some sketchy repairs pretty standard on South American.

Nice looking rig but it won't pass smog here in CA!
I own a 83 fj60 runs and drives great, gas mileage not so good and it is slow for todays standards. but it is fun to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom