V8 conversion experts- How to tie into the LC ignition wiring? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I'm using the Downey manual to install a V8 (350 TBI) and their explanation of engine connections to execute (two 12V, VSS, ground, fuel pump, & CEL) make sense. I have the wiring harness labeled from where the seller removed it from a 60. My main question is where / what wires do I splice into or connect to use the ignition? My engine has a pair of wires labeled IGN coming from it. Also do I ignore most of the old 2F connections on the 40's harness?

I don't think I see how to do this in the Downey manual.

Any help? :frown:

Alex

Last edited:
I figured it out. Wires from starter into old connection on 2F harness...DUH.

Alex, most of the time the Engine Harness for TBI does not include the ignition system (except for the plug that plugs into the Ignition Module inside the Distributor). For wiring between Coil/Ignition Module/Distributor/ECU I can help, PM me if you need this circuitry explained.

Go ahead....

Alex, most of the time the Engine Harness for TBI does not include the ignition system (except for the plug that plugs into the Ignition Module inside the Distributor). For wiring between Coil/Ignition Module/Distributor/ECU I can help, PM me if you need this circuitry explained.

Jim,

PM'd you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom