Upper hatch emblem "toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tdtp.org
Does anyone have a good way to secure this? I just noticed today that mine is trying to come off and has half way succeeded.

Also Does anyone have a picture of the emblem removed? This might be another option.

I just dropped some serious change to get a new one in black pearl whatever for a 40th. Be careful with them. The old one broke in half when I held it by one end. 3M double sided tape.

Mine was coming off and I gorilla glue'd it. That mother ain't going anywhere now. Check the vendor section or cruiser parts for a replacement though.

There are pics here of hatches/tailgates without emblems. I have seen them but cannot find them. They look good IMO. I even consider it.

one pic

Mine was half stuck to the rear as well, so I started the process of removing it with the intention of replacing the adhesive and re-securing it. I was alomst finished with the removal when it snapped.
I finished taking it off and cleaned up the old adhesive. It took a lot of elbow grease and 3M Adhesive remover to clean up the mess.
The adhesive had dried out pretty bad and some of the paint was missing around the really bad spots.
I cleaned it up, roughed the surface, sprayed it with gloss black, polished it and began contemplating.
The cost of replacement with a NOS part was to high so I just left it.
I took the sombrero off the back too and covered the locator holes with a LandCruiser sticker. This is the only photo I have of it finished.
Emblems Rear.jpg

Mine was half stuck to the rear as well, so I started the process of removing it with the intention of replacing the adhesive and re-securing it. I was alomst finished with the removal when it snapped.
I finished taking it off and cleaned up the old adhesive. It took a lot of elbow grease and 3M Adhesive remover to clean up the mess.
The adhesive had dried out pretty bad and some of the paint was missing around the really bad spots.
I cleaned it up, roughed the surface, sprayed it with gloss black, polished it and began contemplating.
The cost of replacement with a NOS part was to high so I just left it.
I took the sombrero off the back too and covered the locator holes with a LandCruiser sticker. This is the only photo I have of it finished.

I like that look, may try that myself. Where did you get the fl40 stickers?

Took mines off because I put the JDM tire carrier. Mines is a US 91 FJ80

1339475783356.jpg

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD
1339475783356.jpg

Heres one with with no emblem. I'm putting my " precious " $115 black pearl one of three left in the states emblem back on tomorrow.

I know - crappy picture.
LC 08252012 014.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't recall so I checked. I got them from SOR.

SOR = " Hot Ticket "! Marv and his bull****.

Sorry but this goes way back to like the early '80's. I bought so much crap from them it wasn't funny and they eventually told me to screw myself when I got some parts that didn't fit. Not funny.

" Hot Ticket " - anybody else remeber their catalog from the '80's. Makes me laugh to think about it. What was his wife's name - Kay? There was SOR or MAF back then.

What they did have were some smoking hot Gabriel coil over shocks for 40's and 60's that were the bomb. Those things were awesome.

I wanna leave it off. Wife wants it back on. Hmmmmm.....

+1

My TLC emblem came off in 4 pieces in a car wash. I tried removing the adhesive but couldn't get it completely off. I think sanding would be done the job.
I drove around emblemless for a while but then the wife started complaining about it. My choices were to either replace the emblem or completely sand off the adhesive and repaint the upper hatch&rear gate.
Eventhough expensive at ~$100 for the emblem it was less costly than painting the rear.

jt

Before sanding, may try a rubber eraser wheel. They fit in a drill and literally erase the glue, all for $12 at a body shop supply house.

It removed all the adhesive from flares on a 450, I'm betting it can erase the glue from the emblem.

ha, if anybody's emblem falls off in one piece I'll take it :lol: Mines busted, but I like it.

If I hadn't held my by one end like a dumb butt and broken it you would have been welcome to it. Oh well....

ha, if anybody's emblem falls off in one piece I'll take it :lol: Mines busted, but I like it.

If I knew that people wanted these, I would of saved it instead of throwing it away.

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

Mine is also falling apart and showing it's age, and I like it too. I could do with a replacement but such a shed load of money for a new one I might take mine off altogether? Of course someone may have one they wish to donate to the 'Dave's knackered emblem charity Spain.'

Regards

Dave

Mine is also falling apart and showing it's age, and I like it too. I could do with a replacement but such a shed load of money for a new one I might take mine off altogether? Of course someone may have one they wish to donate to the 'Dave's knackered emblem charity Spain.'

Regards

Dave

@Outsane is a fellow MUDder. Great all around guy. Not sure if this is too pricey for you but I'm always happy with Lee's stuff.

SolveFunction Tail Badge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom