Unobtainium (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright, product #2 is now available in the Mud Storefront.

It's a plug-and-play brake proportioning valve solution that can be fitted to the stock location of '76 and later FJ40's with front disc brakes. Check it out.

Note that other products with metric threads such as the frequently mentioned Tilton unit will not work directly, because it has bubble flare ports as opposed to the inverted flare ports needed by Toyota lines.

Prop Valve 1.JPG
Prop Valve 2.JPG
Prop Valve 3.JPG

Last edited:
very nice.

we all always seem to need roll bar and lower dash pads. if you sold each set for under 100$, they would get snapped up fast.

wow how did this get missed^^^^
thanks for the link!

about the bolt on the prop valve....why not a socket head that fits in the recess that is machined into it already? not pure, but cleaner looking from my window....just a thought. also, any idea how this would work with an 80 series master cyl?

i 2nd the TC inner shift boot. yes that AUS storefront has a close replica, but im sure you could do better.

about the bolt on the prop valve....why not a socket head that fits in the recess that is machined into it already? not pure, but cleaner looking from my window....just a thought. also, any idea how this would work with an 80 series master cyl?

The bolt is easier to wrench if it does not go into the recess. Also, a smaller head means a thinner bolt.

I'm not familiar with the valves on an 80 series. It should work as long as it's strictly a proportioning valve with 2 ports. Some of the newer cars have load sensing features or combination valves that do more than "proportioning".

The person buying this product could certainly provide their own socket head cap screw for less than $2.00 for a stainless steel screw, personally, I prefer the hex head...keeping the tools needed to a minimum for in-the-field repairs. K.I.S.S. ;)

Well, the good news is that you can use any kind of bolt or screw that you fancy. I tried to emulate the OEM look.

Thanks will do.

I pulled on off one a parts rig, but I actually didn't think I had any of that hose around, so I'll be happy to check out your solution.

subscribed ... and, I could live with the bigger visors on my 78 (my OEMs need replaced) ... :)

I'll consider making this boot. Definitely doable; Just not sure how many people actually need it. The one in my car is still in perfect condition.

You have the rare one then, because most I have seen are rotten.

BTW, those late model air inlet hoses showed up and look great.

:beer:

I would model it based on the later version (58288-90300), but it should fit all years (1974 onwards). I haven't seen all the variants, but the one in my own car has pretty thick rubber and appears to be quite robust. Perhaps Toyota made some improvements along the way. You can get a sense of the thickness by looking at the edge where it curves up in the second pic.

photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom