Unobtainium (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would model it based on the later version (58288-90300), but it should fit all years (1974 onwards). I haven't seen all the variants, but the one in my own car has pretty thick rubber and appears to be quite robust. Perhaps Toyota made some improvements along the way. You can get a sense of the thickness by looking at the edge where it curves up in the second pic.

View attachment 998280 View attachment 998281

What type of rubber would you use? Viton?

I would be up for one as well.

Something like this you could probably even market to venders and be a supplier of the part. I'm sure they get asked for parts like this a lot and would love to have something to sell to people. They can't make money having everything listed as no longer aval.

Alright, I got the message!

I could never tell the need based on the condition of the one in my truck. You guys must go off-road a lot more often than I do!

Interesting subject for Unobtainium items needed.....I have just finished installing this:
IMG_1107.JPG

I read a post recently about these items being dicontinued, and if I'm not mistaken, Jim C. mentioned using an FJ60 inner boot, cut to fit. Thus I purchased one from Cruiserparts.net and here is my installed FJ60 boot on my 40.

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

And if you really want an FJ40 inner boot bad enough, try this place. Similar, but not OEM.

I'd take one inner boot for a late model.

Pete

I too, would be interested in an inner shifter boot.

I still think you could sell these, but have not seen a response, so maybe the answer is "no"...
Sorry I would have to pass on that one. I've had no interaction with FJ55's, so it's more or less out of my league.

Sounds like it could be a good request for the fj40dash.com vendor.

Sorry I would have to pass on that one. I've had no interaction with FJ55's, so it's more or less out of my league.

Sounds like it could be a good request for the fj40dash.com vendor.

They have declined. The 55s are not much different than 40s...

Alright, it's time to provide an update. Three products will be unleashed in Jurassic Park this month!
First up is the 17882-61010 air cleaner hose for '75 to '78 FJ40 / FJ55's. I'd like to thank @cbmontgo for letting me borrow his OEM hose to help seed the creation of this product. Here's a shot of the first 2 copies, next to the original hose.

1421029933582.jpg

The second product is the 44610-60030 brake booster for '71 to '75 FJ40s or any BJ40's out there.
The third product is the 58288-90300 transfer case shift lever inner boot for 9/'73 to 9/'82 FJ40s.

I'll post another update in about 2.5 weeks when I've got these items stocked.
@SSCR I know you are close to selling your truck, so I can make some special arrangement to get you a hose a little sooner if you're interested. Feel free to PM me.

Further out in the timeline are 2 more products that I think will happen by the end of Feb. One is the cowl vent gasket for '69-'77 FJ40s, equivalent to 55881-60010. That way those of you with this neat feature can actually use it without worrying about leaks! Another one is the late model rear step (62641-90300), which should fit all years.

If you check out the link in my sig, I'm also expanding my OEM coverage a bit. By no means do I carry a large selection; however, I've picked out pieces that I think are either particularly cool, or those that may be on the verge of extinction.

wow wow wow. very nice work. ill be wanting a shift boot when they are done.

Alright, it's time to provide an update. Three products will be unleashed in Jurassic Park this month!
First up is the 17882-61010 air cleaner hose for '75 to '78 FJ40 / FJ55's. I'd like to thank @cbmontgo for letting me borrow his OEM hose to help seed the creation of this product. Here's a shot of the first 2 copies, next to the original hose.

The second product is the 44610-60030 brake booster for '71 to '75 FJ40s or any BJ40's out there.
The third product is the 58288-90300 transfer case shift lever inner boot for 9/'73 to 9/'82 FJ40s.

I'll post another update in about 2.5 weeks when I've got these items stocked.
@SSCR I know you are close to selling your truck, so I can make some special arrangement to get you a hose a little sooner if you're interested. Feel free to PM me.

Further out in the timeline are 2 more products that I think will happen by the end of Feb. One is the cowl vent gasket for '69-'77 FJ40s, equivalent to 55881-60010. That way those of you with this neat feature can actually use it without worrying about leaks! Another one is the late model rear step (62641-90300), which should fit all years.

If you check out the link in my sig, I'm also expanding my OEM coverage a bit. By no means do I carry a large selection; however, I've picked out pieces that I think are either particularly cool, or those that may be on the verge of extinction.

Turned out beautifully. Glad to help.

sweet ... looking forward to the air cleaner hose ... I have an original that has seen MUCH better days ... :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom