Unobtainium (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A lawyer would say that. A potential way around it would be to make the mat with a flat location where a Toyota 'emblem' of the same material would go. Then sell the mat and the emblem as separate items. In the unlikely event that you got pushback from Toyota for selling a Toyota emblem, you could stop selling the emblem but still sell the mat. Go on ebay and search for "Toyota emblem" or any other brand emblem and you'll see lots of aftermarket emblems. If you decide to do this, I expect a discount on mine. :D

The best rate will always go to Mud members who PM me directly because I can bypass Ebay or Amazon overheads and pass on the savings! :)

I'm pretty sure there are more lawyers in the USA than there are Cruisers. I will probably have to make one that says Toyota for myself and sell you guys the G rated version :lol:

My point was not that you should sell on eBay, but rather that MANY people sell Toyota emblems on ebay and apparently Toyota does not have a problem with it. So if you sell a mat and an emblem, they are less likely to have a problem than if you sell a mat embossed with Toyota.

I haven't seen him around these parts in a while but I thought @Chamba was a lawyer...

How about early model 40 series wiper motors (the ones that go ABOVE the windshield)?

Is that the outer boot? You can find those fairly easy. The inner boot made from rubber is what I'm referring to.

No this would be used as the inner boot. Not sure which way is best to orient it - pyramid up or down. But the base is very close in size to the original.

I don't think 74 had the inner boot. If you have the smaller more triangular base with 3 bolts I think, that was only the upper vinyl boot. The larger more square shaped 4-speed boot had an inner rubber boot.

My 74 has the square base. Maybe you are thinking 3 speed?

Just a thought, but if you go to the classifieds 'wanted' section, and categorize all the posts, you could get a good idea of the parts that are most sought after(you prob did this already, tho')

Sorry, I was thinking the 3 speed transfer boot carried over into the first 4 speeds. So all 4 speed transfer boots had an inner liner? The 3 spd did not have one.

brown colored carpet kit for fj60.

Rubber (outer) boot for the three speed floor shifter. These have to be simple and relatively cheap to make.

How about the earlier style hoses that look more the part than the other offering? Also how about lower dash pads?
Are you talking about the one that looks like this? If anyone has one of these, please post measurements for A and B below, and the diameter of the end openings. Better yet, if you can show some better pics.

Hose Measurements.jpg

Yes, see attached file (courtesy of SOR). This was only used from '72 through the early '74 FJ40s with 3-speed transmissions and floor shifters.

116-01B-big.jpg

I would like some input. For those of you who have a '78 and earlier Cruiser, would you be OK with a '79 and later sun visor, which is a little bigger and white? or do you prefer to stay with the same one you currently have? I believe the earlier one is thinner and tan in color.

Here's what the newer one looks like:

visor_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom