Uh oh. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made it to wentzville MO after my hiccup. I’m gonna head out early to Nashville and try to get there by lunch. Then head home from there. I can’t lie, I’m a little shook. She drove great after the issue but I’m really nervous about making it home on time. 5 hours to Nashville. Then I’ll let the truck rest a couple hours and chill then try to do another 5 or 6.

One good thing was that because the truck isn’t from the East, none of the bolts gave me any fits at all.

You must be zig zagging home. I would have thought I 70 to I 64 all the way to I 81 would have been a straighter shot. You still have mountains in TN and VA.

I agree with Rob, from Colorado Nashville is not on the way. You’re taking the scenic route with a deadline. Yay! A little extra pressure always helps.

Did you not get a trip permit from VDOT? I see that you swapped your tags onto this truck. Or did you get a permit and slapped the tags on just to help reduce getting pulled over?

Safe travels. Keep us posted as you keep rolling along!

I can’t lie, I’m a little shook. She drove great after the issue but I’m really nervous about making it home on time.

You fixed the problem. You're all good now.

Stop worrying, and keep at it. :steer::steer::steer::steer:

Check engine came on for about 30 seconds and when I was merging onto on-ramp. This was about an hour and a half ago. Gone since. I’ve stopped east of Nashville to eat and let her rest for an hour or so. Everything sounds fine to me. So close!
3B055E6C-8ABB-4088-9721-99B8E5F848B0.jpeg

I figured one might be AC drain line, other some emissions stuff... I dunno. I’m putting 89 octane in. Hope that’s no issues. I thought that’s what he said he put in so I didn’t want to change anything but looking back he said 87. Can see how that would matter. Anyway. Lights off for now. Back on the road. Thanks everyone! Keep checking in on me ! Haha.

That's the AC evaporator drain hose. Is there seepage under the clutch slave?

Haven’t you watched vids of Toyota’s in 3rd world countries they are WAY rougher and abused and still going for hours you’re good bring that thing home 😎

You made a smart move. It's snowing in Denver now. Supposed to be 5-7 inches

Clutch boot is soaked with (old) brake (clurch) fluid. Nothing to worry about.
89 octane is a waste of money unless you are pinging badly, and even then it's questionable since many octane ratings are reached by adding ethanol, not refinement.
Download the Pure gas app: Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada - https://www.pure-gas.org/ and find ethanol free gas, if you want to really have an impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom