Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you are in LA, you have K&H Imports locally. They worked on my 70 series (diesel) when I had it imported. They might be an option if you really want a diesel but finding a local shop is stopping you.
Valley Hybrid in Stockton, CA is the ideal shop to maintain and work on diesel Landcruisers. We have a 60 series, 2 40 series and an 80 series that they were involved in converting to diesel and currently on a 70 series. I've worked with them for the last 15 years and can not say enough good things about them. Georg @orangefj45 who runs the shop is my guru.

Well now that the "Beast" is actually in the US I can list it here. 1994 FZJ75 Chas from Saudi Arabia. Now residing in Auburn, Alabama.

5B6AF7C0-9FA7-446E-8017-631B14AF8A96.jpeg

@sark @ofer bruhis Thank you guys. K&H works on all my land cruisers that are in LA. Going to them many years. I see 70s there time to time - will ask them.

@WarDamnEagle that is gorgeous. My brother lives in Dammam, Saudi - hes no help. A gulf state import like yours would be fantastic
It's extremely difficult to find one of these that's importable and not completely trashed in Saudi. They really use them hard. I got very lucky with this one as it was owned by a gas company and I suspect it only saw road miles with some light cargo or maybe just one person most of the time. The passenger seat has little to no wear at all.

1994 KZJ78, m/t, Virginia.
F8F07FE7-24A4-4CAA-B6D8-F741D333A44D.jpeg

I'm excited about this one... only 86K km on the clock, 5-speed manual, rear diff locker, and clean underbody. It's on the docks outside Tokyo right now, but should arrive on my doorstep in September. This one should be fun. It's really going to take some adjustment having the stick in my left hand.

1659588374876.png

I'm excited about this one... only 86K km on the clock, 5-speed manual, rear diff locker, and clean underbody. It's on the docks outside Tokyo right now, but should arrive on my doorstep in September. This one should be fun. It's really going to take some adjustment having the stick in my left hand.

View attachment 3077170
Shifting with the left hand comes pretty natural pretty quickly. The thing that still gets me from time to time is the natural reflex to use your left hand for the turn signals.

View attachment 3077170
At least for a while you’ll have a very clean windshield as you mistakenly grab the windshield wiper stalk instead of the turn signals. 😁

At least for a while you’ll have a very clean windshield as you mistakenly grab the windshield wiper stalk instead of the turn signals. 😁
I'm a disaster at the simple stuff now. I split time somewhat equally between driving a black RHD Prado and a black LHD 100 series. If it were just random, I would be wrong 50% of the time, but the number of times on both cars I walk to the wrong side in a parking lot, turn on my wipers instead of blinkers, or fiddle with the wiper interval level instead of turning on the lights is shocking. My brain is subconsciously doing things wrong on purpose because I go to the wrong side most of the time, regardless which car I'm in.

The funniest one wasn't even me: a couple weeks ago I'm driving my Prado with my wife is in the passenger seat (left) and we pull into the garage... my wife reaches down and shifts the car into park, because obviously it's the person with the shift knob on their right that's supposed to put the car into park, right? She's not helping me to keep straight which car I'm in.

Try getting pulled over at midnight by the police and you are sitting on the right. Ask me how well that goes.
There is a 4 way stop not far from my house that is a favorite of law enforcement for sobriety checks. I rolled through there one night and stopped awaiting my turn to be checked (I was number 3 in the lineup). I looked up and saw one of the officers working his way down the left side of the vehicles and when he got to me, shined his flashlight on what was obviously an empty seat. He immediately starting shining his flashlight into the surrounding woods while talking on his radio. (I’m assuming he thought he had a runner). 😁
Within a few seconds two other officers joined him also shining their flashlights into the surrounding woods. With all 3 standing there I tapped my horn and watched all of them bend down and look in the window. I then asked them if they wanted to see my drivers license and the first officer simply told me to go. 😊

Last edited:
There is a 4 way stop not far from my house that is a favorite of law enforcement for sobriety checks. I rolled through there one night and stopped awaiting my turn to be checked (I was number 3 in the lineup). I looked up and saw one of the officers working his way down the left side of the vehicles and when he got to me, shined his flashlight on what was obviously an empty seat. He immediately starting shining his flashlight into the surrounding woods while talking on his radio. (I’m assuming he thought he had a runner). 😁
Within a few seconds two other officers joined him also shining their flashlights into the surrounding woods. With all 3 standing there I tapped my horn and watched all of them bend down and look in the window. I then asked them if they wanted to see my drivers license and the first officer simply told me to go. 😊

You are a pretty sketchy looking individual. Driving a 70 series in Thomasville probably sends all the coppers running ;)

Picked it up at Port Hueneme a few weeks ago. This photo is from its visit to a friend's place near Grand Junction, CO.

1997 HZJ75 pickup. Two previous long-term owners in France. Pretty much all original, but has an honest patina.

glamour shot.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom