Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I always wanted twins, I just had no idea they would be this expensive!

The one with the tire on back and storm windows is a '96 that I just sold. The other one is a 95 that needs a bit of work before she's ready to be my real car. Today was the last day both would still be here for a group photo. I posted the 96 on this thread earlier, but I've been hiding the 95 in my garage since January. I've got the spare carrier for the 95 waiting, just need to buy another wheel and get new tires before I bother mounting it. I've never figured out why so many of the Japanese cars remove the spare. It looks good and clean I guess, but who in their right mind would drive a car with no spare?

IMG_4546.jpeg
IMG_4549.jpeg

1991 PZJ77 (228k miles) imported from Japan by previous owner. Now living in Midland, TX. It is mostly stock, and I can't wait to make it my own. I'll be starting with preventative maintenance (front knuckle rebuild, bottom end bearings, replacing worn hoses etc. etc.). If you know of any other preventative maintenance that needs to be done for these bad boys, let me know!
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
Inkedimage0_LI.jpg

1991 PZJ77 (228k miles) imported from Japan by previous owner. Now living in Midland, TX. It is mostly stock, and I can't wait to make it my own. I'll be starting with preventative maintenance (front knuckle rebuild, bottom end bearings, replacing worn hoses etc. etc.). If you know of any other preventative maintenance that needs to be done for these bad boys, let me know!View attachment 3017341View attachment 3017342View attachment 3017344View attachment 3017345
If you have no record of when it was last done a timing belt and water pump should be at the top of the list too.

If you have no record of when it was last done a timing belt and water pump should be at the top of the list too.
Yes, they've been done recently. Cant remember exactly the miles, but I worked it out a while ago while shopping and it still had a ways before it needed it again.

1986 RJ 70, Persian Gulf (GCC) spec. 2.4 Gas (22R) 5 Speed, Soft Top. All original except the addition of a winch using factory mounting

View attachment 3016379
How expensive are these in USA? What are best places for me to look? I sold my FJC TTUE last week and want a 70 as replacement. 2 or 4 door ok

I am in Kenya on vacation - and love all the 70 here - even the safari converted ones

I would like one you have - petrol motor - as much as I want diesel - no good mechanics locally.

I would have to plate mine in MT or SD - but I am ok with that

35DA4247-5905-4D82-A370-2116FF89B235.jpeg

B53E23E0-2B4A-488F-8ED3-C4ADF2058B5B.jpeg

How expensive are these in USA? What are best places for me to look? I sold my FJC TTUE last week and want a 70 as replacement. 2 or 4 door ok

I am in Kenya on vacation - and love all the 70 here - even the safari converted ones

I would like one you have - petrol motor - as much as I want diesel - no good mechanics locally.

I would have to plate mine in MT or SD - but I am ok with that

View attachment 3045100

View attachment 3045101
If you are in LA, you have K&H Imports locally. They worked on my 70 series (diesel) when I had it imported. They might be an option if you really want a diesel but finding a local shop is stopping you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom