For Sale SOLD (TX) 1993 Troopcarrier, Trekka, 1HZ-Turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD

I am helping @richardmreed10 sell his sweet 1993 Troopy. It's sitting at my house in Tyler, Texas as Richard had to take back off to Australia. We got it properly imported here in Texas and I have all the paper work. I also own a 1991 Troop Carrier, so I have an appreciation for these seemingly indestructible rigs! I am making no money off this sale (just trying to help), so all agreements have to approved by Richard. I however am happy to take specific pics or videos of anything you like. You are also welcome to come check it out in person! Just let me know how I can help. Below I will post the description that Richard wrote up. I will also post up some pics following this.

From Richard:
This is Izzy, she is my pride and joy. I am the 3rd owner and she just turned 25 inn Feb. and has been imported and registered in Tyler, Texas this month. Izzy is 1993 RHD Troopcarrier with a 1HZ Turbo and a manual 5 speed. I’m asking $42k but I’m happy to be flexible (cash talks).

I keep receipts for everything and so did the people before me so there are receipts for all the work listed below and for the last ten years i.e. rooftop tent all engineering approved, re-built engine all receipted. I have an entire file and will hand that over with the purchase. In the last 20k I’ve done regular oil changes, filters etc greased and monitored everything I possibly could. She has some scratches here, some surface rust in the usual places, but no rust underneath, chassis is solid.

I’m Australian, so is Izzy, and since March I’ve been driving north from Chile to North America. You can read all in my blog at antipodeanadventure.com – this will detail the trip and how well the vehicle has been doing. I like being honest, no time for anything else so ask me anything and I’ll tell you. She has started every time without a hitch regardless of 45C degrees or -10C (113 or 13F!) and whatever the terrain – Izzy marched up 5000m ranges without missing a beat in Bolivia, cruised everywhere as per her namesake.

- Odometer reads 445,000km (maybe a bit more when I get to the USA, perhaps another 5-7k)
- Engine rebuilt on 330,000km, so a 115k on the engine since the rebuild
- Big Bull Bar and OEM side-steps
- Before Leaving Australia (18k kms ago) - New Timing Belt, Radiator Flush, New Swivel Hubs, New Seatbelts, Tyres, and Front Brakes, Heavy Duty Clutch and Dual Brand-New Century Batteries – 75A for Cranking Battery, 100A Deep Cycle for Secondary
- New 3” Exhaust 60k ago
- New insulation/soundproofing and carpet in the cabin
- Replaced the uncomfortable Landcruiser seats with Volvo ones which are awesome! Couldn’t get the heated part of the seats to work but the driver’s electrics work fine bar the memory function (that needs a Volvo CPU!). All original fittings are there if you wanted to rip them out and put in Landcruiser ones, but these have been like a pair of couches
- Trakka Rooftop Tent fitted with dual function – tilt open the top and you have a double bed (mattress, pillows, quilt), or lift the double bed up to give you more breathing space
- Hot water shower TWINE system installed under the bonnet/hood (pump and water tank in the rear for showers).
- Built in 40 Litre Water Tank for the shower
- Twin-diesel 90 litre tanks giving you a total of 180 litres and a range of about 1300/1400 km comfortably
- Brand New King Winch (tested at install, but never used)
- Kings Side-Awning
- LED Light Bar and Spot Headlamps
- All new tyres fitted 18k ago - Monsta All Terrains (Australian Company) 265/R16
- Spare tyre fitted to the back
- Drop-down cooking tray and butane cooker
- Tinted Windows
- Two Large wooden storage boxes which sits two single mattresses/seats – fabric is removable, waterproof, and fitted over especially made memory foam mattresses
- 600W Inverter installed
- Mains Electric hook-up (camper hookup)
- UHF Long Distance Radio
- New JVC stereo with USB plug-in – stereo has removable face for Security
- 200W Solar Panels with 10A solar regulator installed in the glovebox
- KORR LED Camping Light Kit at the back
- Couplertec 4WD Electronic Rust Protection System
- 2 camping chairs
- New Upholstered cabin
- 30 litre safe to keep laptops, gold bullion, whatever you got!
- Rear-spot light for reversing/camping
- Reversing Camera and 1080P forward facing camera
- Giant Air Compressor to get you out of trouble if needed and a bottle jack
- 2 x Triangles, fire extinguisher and fluorescent jacket required for South America (Argentina from memory)
- Pots, pans, plates, lots of tools and wrenches, grease gun, spare parts and hoses etc all the stuff you need to travel the Americas, etc all sorts of stuff
- Slightly used Maxtrax
- Side mosquito magnetic screens
- Blackout curtain in front
- Blackouts for side and rear windows

Stuff that needs doing:
- I’d replace the grommits on the tie-rod ends (few bucks each to replace)
- I’d remove the two non-functioning 100W panels at the top and replace with another 200W panel. I never got around to removing the old panels but the 200W panel I planted at the back has been amazing and not missed a beat. So if you want extra juice I’d replace the older 100W ones which no longer work. It’s purely an aesthetic thing really.
- Replace the Air Con amplifier (about 30USD on ebay)
- Two things that happened before I brought it that the previous owner didn’t tell me about: there is a ding on the back door covered by the spare tyre and a knock to the rear bumper on the left. Both aesthetic and not something you’d notice but as above, prefer you knew everything

Last edited:
Few pics from Richards trip.
BC189711-7440-428B-9ED5-D4A58BB2A20D.jpeg
C1A9198B-26C5-4955-B6B5-62E693F53302.jpeg
8BBA619A-68B0-49CA-90AE-FE6BF677A554.jpeg
B30252D8-E841-4AE1-98DF-BC069B705717.jpeg
FDF80391-570D-456D-B4C7-E0843FC3CFE3.jpeg

More.
F3AB0475-FEEA-4D1A-9136-8A70C6718BBA.jpeg
0D6C700F-A604-4E33-BFA8-9FCC67F961CE.jpeg
24595AC9-0E4F-478C-9AEB-3090D19AAFAF.jpeg
B3A0F535-9E1E-479B-B5B4-0FCC07CCA3D2.jpeg
E88F1A63-48CF-4917-820D-66390858AB3A.jpeg

A few from when he got here.
1DEAC942-88D9-4629-AE26-14B1C0E3A3FC.jpeg
9A8F878F-AB45-4E31-A532-FB9121973503.jpeg
A62F34E0-2EB4-471E-AFEC-4BFFA68A8243.jpeg
9789CAAF-62FE-4E24-8BF9-C874A906245E.jpeg
A82E6BA9-AFCC-4016-9B1D-CEDD58A3C67A.jpeg

Few more.
97FF8280-386D-457E-A1C6-A21C7A0B802F.jpeg
04DAC0FD-D5AF-4377-91D6-22866D963AD7.jpeg
215A2100-5B16-4CCD-A33E-05BC679370F1.jpeg
E16DFD6E-2F67-4BE1-B283-72FB74A79CD7.jpeg

This is an awesome rig. I wish I had anywhere near that kind of cash to spend on it as it’s my dream set up. Hope it finds a good home!

This is an awesome rig. I wish I had anywhere near that kind of cash to spend on it as it’s my dream set up. Hope it finds a good home!

Thanks @LS1FJ40 ! No takers as yet but since I'm halfway home in Wales, @The Jade Bean has been sending me some pics of her to keep me sane ha ha thanks Daniel! And great pics above, that one of you and I with out Troopies at Tyler is awesome!

what kind of mileage does she get?

what kind of mileage does she get?

Roughly what @The Jade Bean said. Depends how hard im pushing her, city/highway, but could get about 1200kms out of both tanks before a fill up and id generally have another 30 litres to go. So about 18/19mpg (british gallon mind you). Although gas in America is sooo cheap its ridiculous. UK is paying $1.50 a litre, so about $7 a gallon!

Is this still for sale?
Yes it is. It’s at my house in Dallas area if you wanna come see it. I can pm my number if wanna just ask questions.

^^^ That. I can say it needs a good detail and a little bit of detail work, BUT so does my personal Troopy and probably everyone’s rig. ;) If I didn’t already own one, I’d be plotting to buy Richards. I want everything on his, on mine. :D

From my experience you can spend a small fortune on accessories and if you're lucky you might recoup fifty cent on the dollar when you attempt to sell.

^^^ That’s been my reality. Unfortunately for sellers most people want to do the builds on their own and thus they don’t wanna pay for upgrades.

Don't really have any more room in my stable but maybe it's time to sell one and buy this. Could you send me some more pics. Interior, under the hood etc. I'll pm you my email.

42k in mods??? That would be if you value the mods at full price/ unused/ and installed by a very high dollar per hour shop in a very expensive city.

Tough to find anyone interested in paying for someone else’s retail choices. while it’s a very nice rig

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom