TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i usually bench bleed first, remember to adjust rod length

Attachments

• mastercy.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 63
  • checkand.pdf
    61.3 KB · Views: 81
i usually bench bleed first, remember to adjust rod length

Thanks for the info, it references a br-19 for rod adjustment, you dont happen to have the page available do you?

Thanks for the info, it references a br-19 for rod adjustment, you dont happen to have the page available do you?
I should. I'll look when I get home.

Attachments

• BRAKE BOOSTER.pdf
    43.5 KB · Views: 125
I captured the stuttering problem on video.

We pulled up to an intersection. The truck was idling at 650rpm like a top when it started to stutter. I had the camera handy and took video. I did not touch the throttle or release the brakes. I just sat and watched. The stutter stopped, the light turned green, and the truck accelerated normally.

I've replaced the PCV and grommet but done nothing else. Checking the plugs would be next. BTW, it started to stutter in line at Cookout and I just let it go. Eventually it stalled. I waited a few seconds and started it back up.

I don't think it is a TPS since A) I replaced it recently and B) the symptom for TPS was surging and high idle.

Maybe the IAC

I captured the stuttering problem on video.

We pulled up to an intersection. The truck was idling at 650rpm like a top when it started to stutter. I had the camera handy and took video. I did not touch the throttle or release the brakes. I just sat and watched. The stutter stopped, the light turned green, and the truck accelerated normally.

I've replaced the PCV and grommet but done nothing else. Checking the plugs would be next. BTW, it started to stutter in line at Cookout and I just let it go. Eventually it stalled. I waited a few seconds and started it back up.

I don't think it is a TPS since A) I replaced it recently and B) the symptom for TPS was surging and high idle.

Jonathan .... I don't recall all the previous suggestions for tracking this down but the video helps.

Again, my first notion would be to look at the TPS. When it was recently replaced was it simply bolted on or was it also calibrated? The calibration for the idle circuit of the TPS has a very narrow (If I recall you use only a 0.030" feeler gauge to adjust the idle circuit).

You mention replacing the PCV ... how was the old one that came out?

Air Intake tube .... inspected for cracks? Especially on the bottom.

The other thing that comes to mind is possible cross-fire caused by ignition wires that are touching each other or that are touching ground ... so perhaps double check the routing and be sure there is no chaffing or places they are making contact.

I was looking over FrackMacker's new hundred series heping with some baseline duties and noticed this superfilous plastic bumper cover attachment point was broken.......
IMG_3994.JPG

So i asked WWJ(mabe)D ?

And in true cruiserhead fashion decided it would be best to fix the problem before it got any worse, after all it is not breakage but upgrade opportunity :grinpimp:

IMG_4035.JPG
IMG_4038.JPG

Congrats Frack. Boss bumper here

Well sheesh, I'm gonna have a hard time following that. I got the valve cover off of Rice's 2nd coffee table, and was only going to clean and prep for paint. one thing led to another.....

I gotta remind myself this is a 20+ year old part that was never made to be polished...

20171014_172409.jpg

20171014_172403.jpg

20171014_172351.jpg

Dude, that is hawwwt.

It was funny, the Talking Heads "Once in a Lifetime" was playing, and how fitting as i was buffing the snot out of it... "You may ask your self, am i right or am i wrong?....you may ask your self, my God, what have i done???

I was looking over FrackMacker's new hundred series heping with some baseline duties and noticed this superfilous plastic bumper cover attachment point was broken.......
View attachment 1554825

So i asked WWJ(mabe)D ?

And in true cruiserhead fashion decided it would be best to fix the problem before it got any worse, after all it is not breakage but upgrade opportunity :grinpimp:

View attachment 1554826 View attachment 1554827

Congrats Frack. Boss bumper here
awesome find, even matches

Regular PM type stuff today ... Brembo Rotors, Green pads, had one worn outer wheel bearing so replaced them all, along with races, repacked one birf and spindle bearing, front diff fluid, and for good measure rotated tires.

20171015_171206.jpg

Last edited:
Regular PM type stuff today ... Brembo Rotors, Green pads, had one worn outer wheel bearing so replaced them all, along with races, repacked one birf and spindle bearing, front diff fluid, and for good measure rotated tires.

View attachment 1555625
Got that same plan for next weekend looks great.

Gauges in the ferd today. Small project, good for a lazy Sunday.

IMG_20171015_174656.jpg

IMG_20171015_180028.jpg

IMG_20171015_193129.jpg

Jonathan .... I don't recall all the previous suggestions for tracking this down but the video helps.

Again, my first notion would be to look at the TPS. When it was recently replaced was it simply bolted on or was it also calibrated? The calibration for the idle circuit of the TPS has a very narrow (If I recall you use only a 0.030" feeler gauge to adjust the idle circuit).

You mention replacing the PCV ... how was the old one that came out?

Air Intake tube .... inspected for cracks? Especially on the bottom.

The other thing that comes to mind is possible cross-fire caused by ignition wires that are touching each other or that are touching ground ... so perhaps double check the routing and be sure there is no chaffing or places they are making contact.
When the TPS was installed it was calibrated with the OBD2 port reader to OEM spec. I actually pulled and cleaned the throttle body, IAC, and TPS when I replaced the TPS. Intake tube was new (5 years ago). The PCV that came out was in good shape with a softened rattle. The plug wires were replaced a few months ago with new OEM.

Cruiser drove to Grand Canyon in July and Hurricane Creek in August with no issues. After taking the video, I didn't have any more issues the rest of the night.

Didn't get to take a picture yet got stuck between mid terms and work but got about 20 min in and was able to get the smog pump out and the pully finally in! Just didn't get the change to tighten everything up.

...... to be continued

So I posted in the 60 section but I figured I might as well post up here in case I need to ask for some local help to come by. (Don't worry I pay in lunch and beer).

I noticed the other day was while I was driving coming to a stop with the clutch disengaged I hear a sound as I slow coming from what I feel is the tranny hump that sounds like a whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo.... slowing as I come to a stop. Best way I can think to describe it is sounds like a large standing fan as it comes to a stop.

Some stuff from searching gave me
-Wheel bearings
-Tcase

Since I'm rebuilding the knuckles and replacing fluids. I'll know soon enough if that's the issue but could the issue be from a drive shaft or a u joint not being greased or would that be more of a vibration right?

IMG_3845.JPG
Havent gotten to pull the head on the 40 yet, I had to do some maintenance on the Silverado as I dd it. The passenger CV axle had absolutely died after it blew a boot, it literally fell in half when I pulled it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom