Two bolt shackle mounts for winch recovery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 40 has a custom bumper on it, basically a big slab of steel welded to the frame. There are 2 sets of 2 holes on each side. I assume these are for shackle mounts? I need to measure them but has anyone seen 2 bolt shackle mounts? Or maybe there are for something else. I have seen a few two bolt mounts, but none quite so wide apart.

I am planning on getting a proper winch hook and mounting a couple of D shackles soon. Maybe its time to just drill a few holes.

Pic attached.

Thanks.

IMG_0570.JPG

Can't tell from the picture what's wrapped up where the cable is laying on top of the winch plate, but if those are cable clamps, those are NO BUENO for a winch line. Swaged end and thimble would be appropriate to maintain the D/d ratio at the termination. :)

I think a tow bar would have a horizontal bolt pattern, mine is anyhow. This is what I did to add some tow hooks on my bumper. Luckily I have a Bridgeport mill but fairly easy with couple of custom mounts. I tapped the mounts 1/2 -13 and bolted from back side of bumper, could be welded also.

E179A5F4-F289-4F00-91FC-5E990DCDEE72.jpeg

33AD8165-C893-45F9-A668-09B7FDFC7206.jpeg

The recovery points pictured came with my 76 FJ40 parts. No idea what they came off. Pretty sure they are not 40 related.

I'll have to see where I got these from. Jeep type website.
Mounted with a steel backing plate.

20170406_111425.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom