Turn signals and hazards not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
Just noticed a few mins ago that nothing is working.

The 7.5a fuse has power and isn’t burnt.

The relay doesn’t sound like it’s broken. But when I pull the relay and check the terminals on the relay block, I don’t get any power.

I just ordered the relay as a spare. Is the turn signal switch the next most likely?

C87D46DF-8456-4A51-8163-43D7C688C3CF.jpeg

you could unplug the turn signal harness at the column under the dash and see if the G-R wire is feeding hot from the fuse. Next jump a wire to this connection while the plug is apart then activating the turn signal check the associated pins that send signal to those turn signal lights. Also check the grounds.

I believe the hazards and turn signals use the same flasher relay (guessing). Maybe just the relay fried.

I’ve seen mixed reports as to what fails.

Would the relay fail open or closed? Some people report that either one or the other works or the lights will stay engaged instead of flashing.

in the diagram above the turn signal relays work the turn signals but haz switch goes straight to the flasher. Assuming the haz/horn fuse has power and there is power to the hazard switch...if the flasher isn't clicking most likely you just have a bad flasher.

When you say "the relay block terminals don't get power" did you mean the flasher switch terminals? did you try and turn the hazard switch on and see if that powers it?
Yes. Still no power at that point.

Back to post #2, pull the turn signal/haz signal harness plug apart at the bottom of the column just under the dash, and test the incoming hot wires to verify you ARE getting voltage to the switch harness. Next jump across the open harness on those same hots and activate the switches and test the outgoing pins with a grounded 12v test light.

It’s tough but i can’t diagnose til next weekend. By that time the relay from @cruiserjunktion should be here.

In 30,000 of daily driving this is only the 2nd time I can’t drive it. Not bad!

This makes 5 jokes on the internet and in person.

Y’all got jokes.

Did you check the main dash ground on the A pillar?
Maybe the switch is bad, but the switch can be bad for either the turn signals or the hazards and the other can still work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom