Turf N Surf 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Add me to the list of attendees! Camping on the beach with CruiserFJ45 (and the rest of you).

Anybody doing stickers this year? Someone on the FJ forums?

Add me to the list of attendees! Camping on the beach with CruiserFJ45 (and the rest of you).

Anybody doing stickers this year? Someone on the FJ forums?
Looking forward to it. Glad you could make it. Right now I am debating on bring both the FJ60 and FZJ80 or just the FZJ80.

Bad news

I guess i'm out this year not coming at all,i have waited all year to hit the beach and tried to finish my project on time so i can play with it in the sand box.My wife's aunt passed away Wednesday morning due to complication of an open heart surgery she never recovered and all organs started to fail after a week the family is planning the funeral services for next weekend which means no vacation for me and the kids, i was even planning on letting my 12 year old daughter and 10 year old son drive the 4runner in the sand since it's an automatic my son is so looking forward renting an ATV my girl even wanted to swim even if it is cold. There is always next year i guess have fun to all of you and be safe.:bang::frown:

Hey Darrell take a lot of pics and post it,bring the good camera ok.:D
I know Kyle won't make it too but we could plan a trip to head out where he is if there is time before we get some heave snow.you still have my number i hope let me know.Have fun and don't break anything.:lol: STAY AWAY FROM JOHNNIE W. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I guess i'm out this year not coming at all,i have waited all year to hit the beach and tried to finish my project on time so i can play with it in the sand box.My wife's aunt passed away Wednesday morning due to complication of an open heart surgery she never recovered and all organs started to fail after a week the family is planning the funeral services for next weekend which means no vacation for me and the kids, i was even planning on letting my 12 year old daughter and 10 year old son drive the 4runner in the sand since it's an automatic my son is so looking forward renting an ATV my girl even wanted to swim even if it is cold. There is always next year i guess have fun to all of you and be safe.:bang::frown:

Hey Darrell take a lot of pics and post it,bring the good camera ok.:D
I know Kyle won't make it too but we could plan a trip to head out where he is if there is time before we get some heave snow.you still have my number i hope let me know.Have fun and don't break anything.:lol: STAY AWAY FROM JOHNNY W. :lol::lol:

Im so sorry to hear about that viper abd its a bummer that life can be like that. I was looking forward to meeting you in person at this event

I just did some side work to be able to get there so im still on the fence but might make it. As for a trip up here, there is talk of doing another mud trip to lakes basin in the other event thread so ill keep you guys posted.

well I just did the math, its 350 bucks in just gas to get my butt down there so I am going to have to pass on this trip unfortunately. I wish I could go but its just not in the cards this year :(

Driving distance from Quncy, CA to Pismo Beach, CA is roughly 450 miles (per google maps), but rounding up to 500 (to make the math easy and to factor in the random driving that one does when at SnT (or Tns or whatever) means that the round trip will be roughly 1000 miles. With the high end of gas prices being $4/gallon (again to keep the math easy)...it sort of works out to $250 for fuel costs to get you from Quincy to Pismo and back...

unless you're not in Qunicy as your info tends to imply...

I may be there.
I won't be able to stay through the weekend.
If I can make it, it would be for Thursday through early Saturday morning.

Driving distance from Quncy, CA to Pismo Beach, CA is roughly 450 miles (per google maps), but rounding up to 500 (to make the math easy and to factor in the random driving that one does when at SnT (or Tns or whatever) means that the round trip will be roughly 1000 miles. With the high end of gas prices being $4/gallon (again to keep the math easy)...it sort of works out to $250 for fuel costs to get you from Quincy to Pismo and back...

unless you're not in Qunicy as your info tends to imply...

this was high side estimate at 10mpg to make sure I have enough money to get down and back. I don't want to be scraping pennies 100 miles from home with no cash haha. if I drive decently I can pull 14mpg highway in my truck so it will probably be less but I still need to be careful. overall I think I can make it next weekend as some money made its way to me from some cruiser work.

its 900 miles if I take I5 down. at 14 mpg that is 64 gallons of gas. 64 gallons at $4 a gallon is $257. that is probably more accurate but to be safe I did 10mpg as that is what I get in city mileage and offroad mileage. 900 miles is 90 gallons of gas at 10 mpg. 90x$4/gal is $360 in gas. my math is not off. I just don't like running a razors edge like that and saying its X amount when it could be more. worst case scenario its $350

Last edited:
this was high side estimate at 10mpg to make sure I have enough money to get down and back. I don't want to be scraping pennies 100 miles from home with no cash haha. if I drive decently I can pull 14mpg highway in my truck so it will probably be less but I still need to be careful. overall I think I can make it next weekend as some money made its way to me from some cruiser work.

its 900 miles if I take I5 down. at 14 mpg that is 64 gallons of gas. 64 gallons at $4 a gallon is $257. that is probably more accurate but to be safe I did 10mpg as that is what I get in city mileage and offroad mileage. 900 miles is 90 gallons of gas at 10 mpg. 90x$4/gal is $360 in gas. my math is not off. I just don't like running a razors edge like that and saying its X amount when it could be more. worst case scenario its $350

lol... I totally get it. I tend to estimate on the high side or worst case scenario as well.

:cheers:

hey everyone, wish I can make it to this event!
I'm purchasing a set of wheels from up north, the seller's friend is going to this event, he can bring the wheels down. Anyone in socal/Orange County have room to bring them back? It's 5 OEM wheels with 285 KM2 tires. I'm located Santa Ana, please let me know if you can help!

Thank You
Nguyen

I CAN BRING THEM BACK. I'm in Tustin. I replied to ur PM.

Hey everyone sorry for the lag on my part. I've been in training for a new job and haven't been online.

I have made a custom Turf -N- Surf sticker and will be selling them at the event.

I also have a shirt design in the works, but my website is not up and running yet. I will bring the artwork and take orders at the beach if anyone is interested.

Will post a pic of the sticker when I get back to my house.

Sounds good! I just volunteered to help out in the CVC forum.

I think my 60 is excited to go back to the dunes, cause it just sprouted a 4+ front bumper, winch, and an LED bar (not in pic) overnight! :D

When is the poker run going to be? If there was one last year, I missed it...

BTW, I'm in for a TNS shirt.

1377342_605159199527724_41892377_n.jpg

I want this logo to be recognized as the Turf-N-Surf decal. The shirts will have the dates on them. :)

I'm in for shirts and decals as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom