Turbo choices. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for that. I've already purchased this Turbo as it's advertised as a "Bolt On" swap and
"Upgraded " from their previous version.
Great. We have this turbo on 1hd-ft. Spools very fast, delivery more air than stock Ct26. Intercooled hdj81 runs very well.

97C08B43-6973-46A9-A326-DB5905A36957.jpeg

But we have one problem. Restrictor banjo in kit 1.5mm, it’s too big. Check oil drain volume per minute after install. 240-280ml/min are good volume. We replace banjo to 0.8mm.

I went with a kinugawa td05h 18g for my 1hd motor. Can’t speak for the 13bt, but I’ve been very happy with mine. The previous owner put a Chinese no name turbo on it before and it started making crazy sounds one day while on a road trip. When I pulled it off it ended up having a significant chip in one of the exducer blades.

My 13bt pulls like a school boy with factory ct26 on 16psi with some fuel chucked in, I'll be changing to a td05 16g 6cm at some point for my low down boost, also proven too pull right through the rev range in a mates truck ( custom manifold w external gate and 22psi I believe)👍

My 13bt pulls like a school boy with factory ct26 on 16psi with some fuel chucked in, I'll be changing to a td05 16g 6cm at some point for my low down boost, also proven too pull right through the rev range in a mates truck ( custom manifold w external gate and 22psi I believe)👍

A more efficient turbo will boost sooner for more torque and flow better for more power at the same boost level and wheel size.
The CT26 is quite an old design, there are big improvements to be made. Particularly in the turbine side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom