Builds Turbo 3FE FJ80 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples

I owe my soul to the TRD store.
Threads
Here starts the adventure. This has been done a few times, but the documentation has been sparse at best. So this build will have a full parts list and prices (and hopefully dyno info) included.

First off the turbo. Toyota CT26 42010 from a 91 Toyota Supra. Cost 60 dollars on craigslist. Dropping this off tomorrow with Forced air technologies for a rebuild.

Build total cost to date $60

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

looking forward to following your thread ~ let er rip!

Nice! Do you have a plan or just kinda winging it based on what is available as you go? I have never done any research on the turbos, much less on a 3fe as I don't have one.
Looking forward to second guessing your every move even though I have no idea about any of it.
:clap::cheers::beer::flipoff2::popcorn:

JK
:grinpimp:

I have a loose plan at the moment. I will also be swapping the dual factory cats and resonator out on this build. I think that I have the extra fuel injector and controller needed for the build worked out. Plumbing is going to be a little by the seat of my pants. Oil supply and water cooling still need work. Intercooler placement might also prove tricky. Oh and hood vents, gotta have hood vents.

Water mist injection too! ;)

I am in... Subscribed!

I have a loose plan at the moment. I will also be swapping the dual factory cats and resonator out on this build. I think that I have the extra fuel injector and controller needed for the build worked out. Plumbing is going to be a little by the seat of my pants. Oil supply and water cooling still need work. Intercooler placement might also prove tricky. Oh and hood vents, gotta have hood vents.

Sounds like a good start. Interested to see this up and running.:)

....is it done yet?!? :hillbilly:

Well took the turbo to the doctor. Waiting on the diagnosis.

Ordered my blow off valve. Protuninglab.com part number bob-hrs-rd normally 109.99. Holiday sale for 49.99. And a oil catch can PN oct-bk from the same supplier for 24.99.
Still waiting for word from the turbo doc. The holidays are probably going to slow the build down a bit.

Running tally: $134.98

If your fab skills are close to your camp cooking skills then I predict fine results :cool:

Guesstimate to get this up-and-running??? Do fellow 3FE'ers get test drives??? :)

Guestimating 1200 to get up and running. Test drives could be arranged;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom