Tuning the LX570 after Magnuson supercharger install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
May be posted already but couldn't find it. Sorry if it's already posted.

Just hopped off with Magnuson and in search of having a 2021 LX570 tuned after install of supercharger. Anyone do this yet or could point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I'm following, but am not optimistic. I've heard of one vendor working on it, but it would still throw codes. I'd love to find out if this is an option. However, I'm partial to leaving the truck stock for reliability.

If you don’t find a resource in the States, and if the budget allows for it, you may look to Top Innovation Garage in Qatar. They appear to be using Motec stand alone ECU’s, but also appear to know what they’re doing. Quite impressive videos on Instagram.

I’m not aware of anyone in the States that is doing anything close to what they are, but then it’s kind of understandable too since 200’s over there are like belly buttons.

There are a few great supercharged 5.7 Tundra videos on YouTube like Viktor G. And Paradigm Auto Works in Canada was using a Whipple and HP Tuners with success. Ideally you could find someone close to you that has a four wheel dyno and experience, but might be rare.

Last edited:
Sparks Toyota in Myrtle Beach SC did a great job on my LC200 Magnusson install 2.5 years ago. I heard that TorFab might be able to do this on the west coast.

Sparks Toyota in Myrtle Beach SC did a great job on my LC200 Magnusson install 2.5 years ago. I heard that TorFab might be able to do this on the west coast.
That's awesome, what kind of power and torque were you putting out? Was it really noticable given the weight of the 200?

Oh yeah, very noticeable difference in power,/torque and no loss of power at higher altitudes in my 2014 LC. I have to be careful when I get on the throttle, because the power is always there. In the tundra 5.7, same displacement, the Magnusson SC gives 504 hp, 550 lbs torque, so these numbers should be pretty close on the LC chassis. If you ask me "do you need that power" I would say that you don't need it, but it is nice to have it.

I have a 2020 Heritage with a Harrop SC. I ordered with the stage 2 kit. Needless to say the stage 2 kit is useless without a tune. You can install the blower stock, and the ecu adjusts to it. What I have been told, is that no one has cracked the 2020 and up ECU yet. So thinking until someone cracks them, we won’t be able to tune them.

Maybe one of these companies. Earlier thread here

The hardware exists and is proven.

It's the software, tuning, that is the unknown at the moment. This can make or break ones experience with any forced induction, and will be the deciding variable for long term durability.

It does seem like products are trickling out. I would focus less on the specific hardware, and more on the quality of the tune.

I want to say they can unlock up to 2018 or 19 the big problem is 2020 and newer. Trust me, the guys I had do the work would have been able to make it happen. I have 2 other SC tuned vehicles. The plan was to tune it and dyno at Rentech.

Get a Unichip. This is what the TRD version of the Magnuson came with. I've worked with Tor in the past, as have many here. He is a great guy. He did the Nitro Gear 200 LC TRD SC install and the worked with local tuner CarbConnection who worked out the tuning and error codes (this is just from reading the Nitro Gear write up). I worked with Carb Connection a long time back on a project for the 2FE in my FJ-62. Eventually I went a different way but they were good to work with. AWD dyno if I remember.

While I would certainly love HPTuners support for the 16+ to avoid a piggyback solution I'm not holding my breath. Unichip has been around a long time...

I’ll check it out tomorrow for sure. I have all the parts laying around for it. Honestly I can’t wait to install it. The SC definitely woke it up. So getting the new injectors and pulley on it will be a riot.

Cool I stay like 60 miles from
Mb ... I do most of all my maintenance ty for recommendation

Last edited:
Are you driving it without a tune? I know the Harrop kit does not need a tune, they say the factory ECM makes the adjustments automatically, Trying to decide which kit to purchase for mine.
May be posted already but couldn't find it. Sorry if it's already posted.

Just hopped off with Magnuson and in search of having a 2021 LX570 tuned after install of supercharger. Anyone do this yet or could point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Some crazy #’s I did see the black one was using a green gates fleet belt like I just installed on my wife’s lx an my truck lol

..they say..
Key words right there.
I will acknowledge that no one here has seen the tables yet, but I refuse to believe an ecu tuned start to finish for natural aspiration can make the *proper* timing and fuel adjustments for forced induction.

Key words right there.
I will acknowledge that no one here has seen the tables yet, but I refuse to believe an ecu tuned start to finish for natural aspiration can make the *proper* timing and fuel adjustments for forced induction.
100% agree. I just ordered the unichip for the Mag. supercharger.

If you're trying to gain performance off the line and around town, but aren't likely to drive faster than, say, 100mph, I'd seriously recommend re-gearing instead of adding a supercharger. You can find Toyota OEM 3.90 gears for the 2021 or aftermarket Nitro 4.30 gears. On stock tires the 3.90s are almost 20% shorter (vs stock 3.30). I have larger tires and even still the gears feel like they added 100 HP. Bonus is that the gears are going to be $3k installed, vs probably triple that for a SC.

Now if your goal is top speed performance, or maintaining HP while at high elevations, I understand why you'd want a SC. But I think you're going to have a lot of headaches trying to get it tuned correctly without throwing codes (or worse)

Im
Just watching y’all guys I have an 11 lx570 with 285/55/20 at3 toyos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom