Tundra - 1, Subaru - 0, but still need a body shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fort Knox

SILVER Star
Threads
On the way to pick up dinner this evening on 64E in Apex, I came to a stop at a red light. I heard skidding tires and wondered “where is that coming from?” BOOM!! The Tundra definitely fared better than the Subaru that hit me, as expected.

8ED948F8-464E-40D6-B64E-ABF4523E5CA2.jpeg

E0384F83-B060-4907-A88C-E6356BA1CF73.jpeg

BBC904F1-177C-41DF-9F1F-5E0600304E77.jpeg

F2A20B9D-C686-4AF6-93A6-8B210C5ED3EE.jpeg

So……anybody have a recommendation for a good body shop in the Triangle? Since this one will most likely be on the other driver, should I just go straight to a dealer?

Another thought…..maybe a good time to shop for an aftermarket rear bumper? 😁

Allen,
I hope you are well. Any accident yields only hassle and annoyance, which is evident in your Tundra. It looks like the Tundra might be ironed in the end. Good luck

Dealerships are backed up for weeks. My wife’s car took almost a month. But I feel like any decent shop will be backed up.

Think you need to replace that with a steel bumper so you don't have to waste your time with the minor fix next time. Be cool like this
EO_Dual-Swing-Out_Tire-Mount_Tundra_2__48716.1624401938.jpg

Dang Allen, sorry to see this, and hopefully the extent of damage is simply the bumper. Hopefully you're 100% ok?

Did you ask the other driver if this interrupted the phone call she/he was on when they plowed into you?

Dang Allen, sorry to see this, and hopefully the extent of damage is simply the bumper. Hopefully you're 100% ok?

Did you ask the other driver if this interrupted the phone call she/he was on when they plowed into you?

Yeah, I’m fine, other than being a little bummed. The PS bed side is bent a little where the bumper hit it, so that will probably need to be replaced. The tow hitch is bent a little. Hopefully that doesn’t mean the rear frame is tweaked. I’ll probably crawl under there today to see if I can see any more damage.

The girl that hit me was 29 and informed me that she just got her license and insurance back and claimed to be “out of practice driving”.

Dang.....

I still like Jerry's Collision Center - he's out in Stem, but does great work - I'd still go to the delaership and get the quote from them so you can at least get the most for your time......

3165 Old NC 75, Stem, NC 27581, United States

919 528 0633

We had a Tacoma side-swipe our Sequoia in a parking lot. The other driver was super nice and apologized for not paying attention.... he had Geico and they called us within a few hours of the accident. They recommended us to go to Caliber in Wake Forest. There was a rental car office in the collision repair center and we picked up a large SUV ('21 Tahoe) as we dropped off the Sequoia. They did great work and were finished in a few days... highly recommend. The only gripe I would have was we asked them to quote some other work while they had it and it was 3x more than I "thought" it should be, we politely declined the extra work. Otherwise, very pleased

Yeah, I’m fine, other than being a little bummed. The PS bed side is bent a little where the bumper hit it, so that will probably need to be replaced. The tow hitch is bent a little. Hopefully that doesn’t mean the rear frame is tweaked. I’ll probably crawl under there today to see if I can see any more damage.

The girl that hit me was 29 and informed me that she just got her license and insurance back and claimed to be “out of practice driving”.
Out of practice…at least she was honest!?!!

Reciever hitches save trucks. No doubt about it. Still, sorry about the accident, Allen. Glad you're okay.

I’ve had Caliber Collision do both my Tundras and the LX470. They have done great work.
Another plug for Caliber. I like their work.

Thanks everybody! Sounds like Caliber is the way to go.

On the way to pick up dinner this evening on 64E in Apex, I came to a stop at a red light. I heard skidding tires and wondered “where is that coming from?” BOOM!! The Tundra definitely fared better than the Subaru that hit me, as expected.

View attachment 2727722
View attachment 2727723
View attachment 2727725
View attachment 2727724

So……anybody have a recommendation for a good body shop in the Triangle? Since this one will most likely be on the other driver, should I just go straight to a dealer?

Another thought…..maybe a good time to shop for an aftermarket rear bumper? 😁
Glad you're okay bud. Her face in that third photo just about says it all.

Johnson auto body and collision in Knightdale.

I took my GTI to a place in Fuquay. They were in a big hurry and did a s*** job of assembling all the bits. Now the clear on the bumper is starting to peel off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom