Truck Trend 6 SUV comparision includes a LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thai, you have to take it easy on Shotts. He needs to spout off specs to justify his own personal off-road demons. I mean, if he were able to chop 2 inches off the front and rear of his 100, the thing could not be stopped. Screw the 80 series with its solid axles, all you need is a shorter overall vehicle and you are in bidnez. You ever get those comparison measurements between the 80 and 100 Shotts?

Joking aside, I like your G500 Thai. I don't feel you need to prove yourself to anyone here. Lots of people call Shotts out but he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone either. Obviously people on all forums tend to have biases which result in intolerance and the gay "bring it" attitude. Keep wheeling the G-Wagen.

DBS311 said:
You ever get those comparison measurements between the 80 and 100 Shotts?

Yes, and I was surprised. A decked out 80 vs 100 (ARB, rear bumps, etc)? The 100 is only 5-inches longer.

The thing that amazed me was in my 80 mod. My cut framed (F&R) 80 is 16-inches shorter than a deckout out one. No wonder I can play in that thing?

Do I dare mention (without somebody telling me blah blah) that my approach is 70+ degrees and almost 50 departure? :D

Last edited:
clownmidget said:
Yeah, I'll bet he'll show up to an event with 150 or so Land Cruisers and their obsessive owners ;) Gawd help him, I don't think him or the MB would ever be seen again - well except maybe on Discovery Channel in 2050...
The funny part is last here there were guys with Fords, Chevys and even a Touareg and they were all well received and welcomed.

One of the key people normally helping to organize the evnt has a big ol' Chevy pickup, he did have a 40 faceplate on it though :D

Can someone in Texas ask Thai to a join the next time they go to a real trail pleeease??? How about Nolen or Butch Baker? I heard Katemacy (spelling?) in Texas has some good wheeling trails. I don't mean to see him trash his G500 but hope that he sees something...

Thanks.

/td

Stock...changing my tire to 265/70/16 BFG AT KO from 265/60/18 is considered a big modification?? Dude, 99.999% of people on this forum have done it. Oh yeah, that's a big mod...compare to your suspension lift, sliders, etc..:rolleyes:

Bulldog, WTF? California?? Are you kidding me?! What a challenge!:D You need to learn the States again, Andries...California is not remotely close to Texas.

How about this...i invite YOU to GENERALSAMS.COM (huntsville, TX). There...i am calling your lazy butt out!! Since you claim that your 4runner is more comfortable than my G, i am sure that you won't mind traveling a few miles.:D

Dont try and PM your way out of this one. I have laid down the challenge now. End of discussion.:D

Trollhole said:
Thai being pulled out by a Jeep.

Why did you get stuck there?

thaistuck.jpg

:D
Here is the whole thread:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9505

dclee said:
August 10, 2005

Moderators, IH8MUD Forum
www.ih8mud.com

Derek Lee

Hmm, are you gonna tell your mommy too?? Here's a tissue for your tears, dclee and FirsToyz.

Have i offended anyone personally without cause?? No. The mods/admins can ban me for no reason...so be it. I can't change what i have said. :)

Last edited:
Thai said:
Stock...changing my tire to 265/70/16 BFG AT KO from 265/60/18 is considered a big modification?? Dude, 99.999% of people on this forum have done it. Oh yeah, that's a big mod...compare to your suspension lift, sliders, etc..:rolleyes:

Bulldog, WTF? California?? Are you kidding me?! What a challenge!:D You need to learn the States again, Andries...California is not remotely close to Texas.

How about this...i invite YOU to GENERALSAMS.COM (huntsville, TX). There...i am calling your lazy butt out!! Since you claim that your 4runner is more comfortable than my G, i am sure that you won't mind traveling a few miles.:D

Dont try and PM your way out of this one. Prove that you are not a troll!!! I have laid down the challenge now. End of discussion.:D
I knew you would be chicken :D

I challenged you first. But now you are just using a chicken s*** way to try and back out. If I were on the G forum talking BS, I would get my butt out to TX to wheel with you (if I felt the need to prove something to G owners.)

Secondly I'm not the one spending hours trying to convince people about something you are, so you can spend those hours driving rather than talking BS.

Thirdly funny how your mouth is shut about specs now.

Forthly I'm not on this board picking arguments like you, my business here is to run trails with these folks and learn more about LCs (specifically 80s and 100s as I would like an addition to my 4R and GX stable), what business do you have here apart from trolling like on the AMG forum , the H2 forum, etc??

If I were the mods your ass would have been banned many moons ago, as you have added zero value to this forum or the LC community. I always wondered why there were so many trolls on t4r.org ("your" forum), but now I know. It is because you troll around on other forums.

bulldog-yota said:
I challenged you first.

I always wondered why there were so many trolls on t4r.org ("your" forum), but now I know. It is because you troll around on other forums.

First off, what are we?? 5 years old??!! "i challenge you first.":D

As for specs above, haven't we been through this already, Andries?? Wanna do more PM's?? Are you not embarrassed yet??

Yeah, so many trolls on my forum...yet, so many new happy members.:) You're one of my favorite members too...now, you're gonna be off my Christmas list! :frown:

bulldog-yota said:
Part of my argument is that you will run out of tire before you need, lockers anyhow.

Oh yeah, this is from someone who claims to have off-roading experience.:D Lockers?? Who needs them! Lockers are excessive junk...like gold earrings on Mr. T or clothing on Paris Hilton!:D

Andries, maybe the TLC80 guys or even Shotts can chime in...lockers are beneficial on any SUV, even if you have racing slicks! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
DBS311 said:
Joking aside, I like your G500 Thai. I don't feel you need to prove yourself to anyone here. Lots of people call Shotts out but he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone either. Obviously people on all forums tend to have biases which result in intolerance and the gay "bring it" attitude. Keep wheeling the G-Wagen.

Thanks...i will keep wheeling....

Last post in this thread...you guys can start talking about me again.:D

Thai, you can't even keep your own drivel straight. Your arguments are all over the place and are not consistenet at all with your previous arguments with in the thread. I will say it again:

Guess you haven't noticed, as many have mentioned, multiple times, in this thread alone, that this is a 100 series forum. Of coures 100 series enthusiasts will be defensive of their vehicles. Like I said before, if you can't get over that fact, you might consider spending your time in a G related forum, instead of spending your time here.

If you've already worn out your welcome on the G wagen forums, you can always start your own, so you can kick off the people you disagree with, like you've done with other forums.

You've already said it was your "last post" once before in this thread (post #114), I hope you keep your word this time.

Thai said:
First off, what are we?? 5 years old??!! "i challenge you first.":D

As for specs above, haven't we been through this already, Andries?? Wanna do more PM's?? Are you not embarrassed yet??

Yeah, so many trolls on my forum...yet, so many new happy members.:) You're one of my favorite members too...now, you're gonna be off my Christmas list! :frown:
Nice try to chicken out there. Oh wait you already chickened out. So when it comes to real wheeling you already chickened out of 2 invitations, by trying to counter. You are acting like the 5 year old here. Besides it there is only one state between you and Shotts and 2 between us. EDIT: and BTW you are here trying to prove something to us, so you need to come to our backyard and proof it. But guess what you are just plain chicken when it comes down to it.

Funny you dont list the specs again, all of them this time.

You know exactly how I feel about trolls, and that is exactly what you are doing here. Think carefully before answering.

Last edited:
OK, I closed this forum, but came back because I can't let this go.

I lurk and occassionally post here because I'm interested in what other people are doing with their vehicles that just happen to be the same as my LX. I never plan on taking mine wheeling like many of you guys do. But -- I can learn and be happy for those who do. Kind of living vicariously.

Having said that, this is post number 154 and I'm sure it won't be the last, on a thread titled to be about a magazine article that doesn't even MENTION a G500. What it has turned into is bunch of guys being suckered by a guy who doesn't even own one of our trucks, and this is not the first time. What possible interest does he hold for me and the many like me on this board? NONE.

So, Thai, if I want to I want to hear bulls**t about a MB, I'll go over to the MB forum.

Please get back in your 50 cent mobile, and drive the F home. If I want to hear about a truck in the special forces, or the new Fat Joe video for that matter, I'll let you know...

For those who have posted pics of their rigs going over stuff I'll never have the balls to go over -- thanks, keep it up so I can see what my truck could do if I ever wanted it to...

Thai, Lean Back...

Amen! What we need is some type of form reply so that anytime the troll posts, no matter what the subject, someone just posts this single form reply. Nothing else, just this reply. Eventually that should bore the troll to tears and he'll move on. Maybe something like this:

"G500s suck. They are clearly and empirically inferior to any Toyota product. They can never wheel off-road as well as a Land Cruiser. They can never drive on-road as well as a Land Cruiser. They can never do anything as well as a Land Cruiser. G500s suck."

OK, I'm kidding. :flipoff2: Probably the best thing is to put him on your ignore list and don't ever reply to any of his posts.

he really is annoying how much he talks about his g500.

Thai said:
I would love to hear where TLC80 is superior to G500.

Assumptions...again.:D

Hear it - I'll show you.

Where in Texas are you and when do you want to be shown up? Or, better yet, come up to Disney, OK. I'm pretty much bone stock and locked with 170K on the clock. Though, I'd suggest loosing the running boards before you come up to Disney, or you'll lose them there. You want respect? Come on up and earn it!

Greg B said:
I I can drive my family to South Carolina for vacation with plenty of room and comfort. AND, I can take my son wheeling on the weekend for a day or two. I can cover a lot of challenging trails and at the end of the day, I can drive home with no failures! Then on Monday, I can drive it back to work again. That is why I bought my 100.

your point??? i do that with my 40, except i don't have a son, and maybe skimpin a bit of comfort... but still not terrible.. and i have the added advantage of live axle front, with a front diff that won't grenade in reverse.. :D fuelin the fire

Trollhole said:
lol thats some serious flex! :rolleyes:
30_1544942_7262005114539PM.jpg

bahahaha

my stock leaf sprung 40 has more travel than that..

bad_religion_au said:
your point??? i do that with my 40, except i don't have a son, and maybe skimpin a bit of comfort... but still not terrible.. and i have the added advantage of live axle front, with a front diff that won't grenade in reverse.. :D fuelin the fire
You have a much different concept of comfort! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom