Truck pulls left after castor plates (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The way I understand it, yes that would give you straight tracking assuming everything else susoension related was 100% up to par. Things like panhard geometry and bushings.

My 97 has about 3" of lift in the front and 2" in the back and it drives very straight with about 4 degrees positive caster. And I am running OEM panhards for reference. Just remeber every 80 series is different.

How old are the tires? Uneven worn tires could cause a pull. Lots of variables.....
Cheers. Yeah tyres have been swapped around front and back and left and right no change.

Im running factory panhard too and it is pretty much still cantered and parallel to the drag link.

So alignment talk - vehicle will drift to the side with the most (+) camber, or the side with the least (-) caster. In your case, it might be easier to come closer to evening out the camber.
With this then I would expect the truck to pull RIGHT...

You also have a half a degree more positive camber on the left. And you really mean drift, not pull, right?
I replaced the left spindle recently. Everything else is brand new; trunnion bearings, wheels bearings etc. how would camber be out?

what’s the more likely culprit ?Camber or Castor?mm

when I let the steering wheel go it “turns” left until I correct it...

I found this. This shows the specs for the cross camber and castor tolerances.

Both my castor and camber are within “cross” spec.

A48DB2B2-C160-4D50-A545-114FB5CF3150.jpeg

which leads me to believe that I might need panhard adjustment as a couple of you guys have mentioned it? How can I confirm and measure this?

When I lifted my LHD 80 it didn't pull or drift, but it did handle different left to right, until I corrected the Panhard length/rear bracket. But a LHD 80 when lifted shifts the axles in opposite directions, your RHD has Panhards that are anchored to the frame from the same side. This will pull the axles both to the right side on a RHD vehicle, with a 3-4" lift your axles probably about an 1" or so to the Right of center. You may just be feeling the non centered axles.

Correcting the panhard will not directly affect castor or camber but it will change the way those numbers affect the vehicle handling.

Also, being that you drive on the left side of the road, with a crown, axles shifted right, I expect it would drift/pull left.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom