Builds TrophyFJ Build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that an ford f-250 front end?

Likely for the 10.5" ring gear. Stronger, more cowbell, pimp factor.
Unfortunately their is still little aftermarket support for them. The axle shafts neck down quite a bit near the splines which is a bit concerning when I looked into a tundra axle. The ring gear and pinion is nice though

Tundra.... well.... 10.5 ring gear.... Just about the right width...and it was free.

If it gives me problems.... I will just setup to a fabricated rear axle housing and full floater etc...

For now I have to draw the line in the sane at some point and just keep moving forward with the build.

Why go f-150 front end? I thought the f-250 was beefier? Or maybe its just the innards that are beefier. 3/4 tonne axles with 8 bolt.

Last edited:
Tundra.... well.... 10.5 ring gear.... Just about the right width...and it was free.

If it gives me problems.... I will just setup to a fabricated rear axle housing and full floater etc...

The Tundra axle isn't a full floater?

Why go f-150 front end? I thought the f-250 was beefier? Or maybe its just the innards that are beefier. 3/4 tonne axles with 8 bolt.

It's because it's a TTB and pretty strong from the get-go. TTB is stupid easy to modify for long-travel suspension.

haha....No.

I dont think there is any rear end that comes "full floater" from the factory

Yes there are, there are dozens of different factory full floating rear axles.

Your confusing TTB with a solid axle....this is why people are posting links to the articles.

or maybe you meant DANA 50 TTB from a F250?

TTB was used in the Ford F-250 from 1980 to 1997.

Some people do make frankenstein beams with d44 inner and D50 outer for increased strength...

I didnt want to deal with that.

The D44 beams plus the RCV axles should be plenty strong for my application. 37's and infrequent use of the 4wd.

I dont plan on doing much rock crawling with this.... the occasional trail run with my brother in his T4R.... but nothing too extreme.

Most of the time I will be going real fast in open desert in 2wd. Ocasionally in sand/silt etc... I will engage the 4wd.

Ya I was talking about the dana 50 f250 split axle front end. I was just curious. No biggie.

So what’s up with this bad mama?

OP hasn't been seen since here May 2017 ☹️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom