Triple Turbo 2H Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You should post this in the diesel section. You may get more ideas there. :)

Tha

Thanks Seth that's a bloody ripper article, Its more directed towards bulk boost and racing preparations, but boost is boost, as the chart states 4.6 psi is around 134kpa pressure....

I'm definitely rebuilding the complete engine,
Also planning on using 12ht pistons to help cope with the turbo, the fact that you can bolt on an aftermarket ct26 to a 2h and still survive the upgrade well, in theory, two ct12a's are slightly smaller in capacity, I'm hoping that this size will help to remove the turbo lag, whilst providing enough boost to improve hills, towing, and highway traveling.
At 40, I've got the tyre spinning,diff busting,crank snapping attitude out of my system, just looking to cruise the country in style and comfort.
I don't want to be a wet blanket but you can't just put 12HT pistons in a 2H, you will need Injectors, cylinder head etc as well - 12HT isn't just a 2H with a turbo, they are a very different engine, the 2H is an indirect injection diesel, the 12HT is direct injection. A few differences that come to mind quickly:
Pistons
Rods
Crank Girdle
Cylinder head
Piston skirt oil cooling jets
Injectors
Fuel pump
Shutoff system - 12HT is the same as 2H that had an auto transmission.
Glow Screen vs 2H glow plugs

I don't want to be a wet blanket but you can't just put 12HT pistons in a 2H, you will need Injectors, cylinder head etc as well - 12HT isn't just a 2H with a turbo, they are a very different engine, the 2H is an indirect injection diesel, the 12HT is direct injection. A few differences that come to mind quickly:
Pistons
Rods
Crank Girdle
Cylinder head
Piston skirt oil cooling jets
Injectors
Fuel pump
Shutoff system - 12HT is the same as 2H that had an auto transmission.
Glow Screen vs 2H glow plugs
Thanks mate, great info, I've built plenty of petrol engines, although I've worked diesel engines a bit, im yet to rebuild one,
I'm hearing you on the differences....
Don't think a12ht head would go near fitting a 2h, just looking at the gaskets.

Thanks mate, great info, I've built plenty of petrol engines, although I've worked diesel engines a bit, im yet to rebuild one,
I'm hearing you on the differences....
Don't think a12ht head would go near fitting a 2h, just looking at the gaskets.
From memory the head will fit on the block but you'd have to drill for the piston oilers, crank Girdle etc etc. If you can find a 12HT, she's gonna hold together much better

My only advice for you is .. in stock form the 2H inline fuel pump it's very limited fuel delivery / flow wise ..

Been saying that, you will need to deal with 2H head temps first ..

Boost itself won't kill the bottom end, it'll lift the head or blow head gaskets. Keep it lean on the tune and you'll have the best chance for success.

Intercooler, water sprayers on intercooler for wet bulb cooling boost, not sure if diesels benefit from water injection

Lots of reading to be done, but IIRC, you can use windshield washer fluid as the spray:

12HT pistons have a recess in them and it might lower your compression too much. Research it more before you spent the $. apperently you can add piston oilers to the 2H block but they aren't as necessary with the precups. Anyway I love the idea of this. Keep at it and better yet make a new thread in the diesel section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom