Triple Turbo 2H Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Impressive for sure but it went "pop" on the dyno.

I have a diesel that is super charged and turbo'ed. Boost off the line, super torquey. Only running 15psi. The sound is sexy.

Cheers

That is impressive as s***. EDIT: Do you have a video of the gauges during that pull? I'm curious at what RPM the boost comes up.

Can you post up which intercooler that is, or what the dimensions are?
He doesn't like giving out what he used let alone dyno specs haha

I don't care about the turbos (I'm not running the same motor) I just want the intercooler dimensions! C'mon!

Wow. Our EV semis move 80000lb combined loads and have 300kW at the motors...

Sent from my SM-N910V

Needs moar turboz!

...and a bit more tuning, too, I guess... or some resealing, at least.

That's nuts! I love it! more to come?

t

Hey guys love the post have decided to follow suit to some degree, I've got a set of 1jzgte twin turbos from a Toyota soarer, ct12a's on factory manifold dump with the complete 97 pre computer air tubes and intercooler, all from different sources! Piece from here, piece from there, mad max would be proud!!

Enough bs.
What I'd like to know is what engine components are still 2h, and if so any mods done to standard parts, oil pump/gallery upgrade? 12ht pistons?
Ip tweaking?
I see the intake manifold is off another model, which witch is whitch?
I'm looking for a copper gasket with little success, can you please give directions.

The turbos are standard ct12a's and I understand I can upgrade to ct 20 without much drama, should I do this straight away?

20200704_134937.jpg
20200704_141549.jpg
20200703_153057.jpg
20200701_124616.jpg

Engine is 8/84, 2h and will be completely rebuilt, any info that will help is appreciated, criticism expected.
I'm not copying you, I just had an idea, after I accidentally won the bid on the turbos, my big brother saw your set up on YouTube, and said it's possible.
I'm not doing this for drag racing, I'm looking for grunt and economy, and cruisability.
Cheers Dan

At what point to the pistons melt and try to exit into the oil pan?

Wow!!! I think you shouldn't ld make gaskets out Stainless steel sheet, I will love to have same setup on my 3B!!!

I’ve seen hi comp gas engines use copper headgaskets and oringed cylinders. But it’s often a little tricky to get everything to seal

Thanks guys,
Seth, if the pistons melt and run out the sump plug, I'll send em to ya! Make a great talking piece for all you talkers.

Hence the questions regarding internals, I don't plan to boost the snot out of it, just give her a helping hand and be different at the same time.

Ok so coppers out!
Stainless?? I'm ok at making gaskets out of gasket paper, spose it'll work, just the sealing part is the concern.
Can I just put a turbo head gasket from the next model 2h 11/84-88. Or are they not compatible?
Cheers Dan

Are you really serious about this build? Making homemade headgasket? Hood clearance? Reliable? Low boost? I’m confused?

@whitey45 who cares if he is serious. I am serious when I say - Go FOR it!

And please post photos, videos, specs.

By the way Whitey are you off Highway 1? I am just North of you about an hour'ish.

Asking questions isn't building anything mate!, information is all I'm after if you've got none read it all again, and ask yourself, how's the best way to go about this?
INFORMATION.
and it will get there eventually, watch this space....

Thanks guys,
Seth, if the pistons melt and run out the sump plug, I'll send em to ya! Make a great talking piece for all you talkers.
we melted the pistons out of one car but it was a bolt it on and see what happens s kind of deal with no worry about consequences. Car was very fast for a couple thousand miles and then it got really slow.

A good article on keeping the pressure in the cylinder

Tha

Thanks Seth that's a bloody ripper article, Its more directed towards bulk boost and racing preparations, but boost is boost, as the chart states 4.6 psi is around 134kpa pressure....

I'm definitely rebuilding the complete engine,
Also planning on using 12ht pistons to help cope with the turbo, the fact that you can bolt on an aftermarket ct26 to a 2h and still survive the upgrade well, in theory, two ct12a's are slightly smaller in capacity, I'm hoping that this size will help to remove the turbo lag, whilst providing enough boost to improve hills, towing, and highway traveling.
At 40, I've got the tyre spinning,diff busting,crank snapping attitude out of my system, just looking to cruise the country in style and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom