Traxxas Slash decent RC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nice snow chains!

Yo!

Does you throttle cut out? Mine does only when you come to a complete stop. I have to kick it, or move it to resume driving. I am running 3S with 21/54 gearing (ya, it runs about 70mph :D ). 19/54 will earn you 60-ish

Yo!

Does you throttle cut out? Mine does only when you come to a complete stop. I have to kick it, or move it to resume driving. I am running 3S with 21/54 gearing (ya, it runs about 70mph :D ). 19/54 will earn you 60-ish

I've had zero problems with mine but it is still in box stock form except for a couple bearing upgrades. I haven't broken a single thing...yet. I only run a 2s lipo in mine, I have no need to do 70 on the track that I built. Have you checked your temps on the ESC and motor? Other than that I have heard of some but not a lot of problems with the VXL-3S esc. Take it to oyur LHS and they can figure it out for ya. They may even replace it and send yours in for you. Ya never know. Good luck.

I have found a great site for RC's. ultimaterc.com has some good info and reviews. Just a heads up.

Update: LED's
IMG00048-20110418-2019.jpg
IMG00049-20110418-2020.jpg

where and how did you do the lights???

Like the tire chains, my brother made the lights. He is actually making and selling sets. I can get a price for you if you're interested.

i got a set of lights that are for the losi night crawler. THey are little LED lights. I think they were around $26

Tractor w/tiller and a steel rake w/ some elbow grease and I made this today.

My wife took the last one of me putting in our garden yesterday. Pretty awesome view of the mountains.
IMG_1567.jpg
IMG_1569.jpg
IMG_1551.jpg

bad A track!!!

I love my slash 2wd, its brushless dont know if I can hanlde brushless and lipo!!

Wow! Spectacular views man!! That just looks like a place you get seriously snowed in for extended times.

quick question for you... if you were to get one now, would you get a 4x4 or the 2wd one?

concretejungle said:
Wow! Spectacular views man!! That just looks like a place you get seriously snowed in for extended times.

I would go 4wd. It gives exceptional handling coming out of corners running lipo. 2wd gets out of hand very quick, any grass or real soft dirt and it's just donuts and walking around pulling it out. My friends 2wd brushed motor feels like a high-powered radio shack toy.

damn thats wicked fast!! It's amazing how powerful these things are!! i just got a 4s for my comp crawler but haven't had a chance to try it out until a part comes in. Can't wait!!

sorry for the bump, but seeing all these other slashes made me want to post mine.
its a 2wd that I won in a Traxxas giveaway, and have since put a castle brushless system in it. I took it wheeling this past weekend and stripped the axle hubs, so i replaced them with some ones from the Traxxas Ford GT that have fake brake rotors on them. I run a 2s lipo and as pictured, my tires suffer for it.

IMG_3966.JPG

IMG_3967.JPG

IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_3970.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom