Traxxas Slash decent RC? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well they claim to be, I dont plan on drift busting with it just running it around my driveway after I plow it. Not sure yet though as I don't want to ruin it either.

First thing on the upgrade list is new tires. While the BFG KM2's that come on it looks sweet and authentic they are pretty darn stiff. donuts are pretty fun on laminate flooring though.

Do you know for sure it's water proof. The last time I ran in the snow with a water resistant ESC it cost me $100.

I have a 2wd slash and yeah, thats one of the "features", the ESC is sealed inside a box.. It is sold as having been "waterproofed".. Although the configuration in the picture below for the 4x4 is totally different...

I have a 2wd slash and yeah, thats one of the "features", the ESC is sealed inside a box.. It is sold as having been "waterproofed".. Although the configuration in the picture below for the 4x4 is totally different...

Have any mods or photos? I'm looking for new tires & wheels, hopefuly a combo deal. I'm not sure which ones to go with and what size I need.

Update: Got a 1:10 Slash 2wd VXL for my bro.

I have video of the snow track I made but not sure where I can upload it to.
IMG_0504.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg

Those are sweet!

I have no clue about the shafts......

Load some vids on Youtube!

Last edited:
NICE! Yea, i can see with all that land and space a truck like that would be fun. I don't have as much space around where i live so the crawler is a good option here.

NICE! Yea, i can see with all that land and space a truck like that would be fun. I don't have as much space around where i live so the crawler is a good option here.

For sure. It would be nice to have a crawler too for inside. I plan on tilling that same area in the spring and building a track. Gotta put my garden in the middle though cause that's where it was last year.

isn't it nice that tires and beadlocks aren't going to cost your over $1500?!!! It's a great feeling and in a way not good, cause i end up order way more than i need just because "relatively" it's cheap!

isn't it nice that tires and beadlocks aren't going to cost your over $1500?!!! It's a great feeling and in a way not good, cause i end up order way more than i need just because "relatively" it's cheap!

I hear ya, but my 40 is going to need new boots next spring too. Kinda sucks but what can ya do.

It was only $75 shipped for the wheels and tires for my slash. Should handle way better. Now I just need to make some snow chains for it.:hillbilly:

Updates: Painted the original body. This one is for bashing. I'm trying to find another to use when running trails out camping.

Zip tie chains. My brother said his 2wd rips with these, so on my 4x4 they should be even better.
IMG00189.jpg

Hell Yea! ONce you switch to Lipo you're never looking back!

Hell Yea! ONce you switch to Lipo you're never looking back!

Still waiting on that and some parts for my heli. I need to find a decently priced converter for my MKII Field charger and balancer though too.

got my lipo and heli parts lastnight. THe lipo is a 2s 40-50c turnigy hardcased 5000 mAh. That thing rips around my yard for sure. Fixed the tail rotors on the heli just need to swap out the old landing gear for new and check everything over again.

Last edited:
You can't run 3s? On my crawler the difference between 2S and 3S is amazing! It's like adding an extra 200 HP!

You can't run 3s? On my crawler the difference between 2S and 3S is amazing! It's like adding an extra 200 HP!

I have 4 Ultimate 4x4 Slashes for my boys and I. (Three boys) For the kids I keep them running the NiMh packs. I have some 3s packs for my E-Revo Momba Max that are nuts in the either trucks. However I smoked a brush-less Traxas motor running these in my Slash. They say its rated to take it but its just too much. For now I just toss in some 2s packs or the boys NiMh packs.

As for crawling. Yes that is my work now days. Its fun with the race trucks when you have them side by side. I took out half our back yard this summer and put in a 2500 square foot short course track. (Jumps, table tops, banked turns etc.) Its a blast when you have 4+ trucks on the course.

Also a heli driver too. (Where my original helocat online name came from) Have a few 450's and a 600.

Mark

2s is plenty fast enough for now. I have a 3s for my heli that I might test out, but I will have to change the connectors. I have 5 batteries already 3 NimH and 2 lipos. Crazy how you can spend money on these things.

I have 4 Ultimate 4x4 Slashes for my boys and I. (Three boys) For the kids I keep them running the NiMh packs. I have some 3s packs for my E-Revo Momba Max that are nuts in the either trucks. However I smoked a brush-less Traxas motor running these in my Slash. They say its rated to take it but its just too much. For now I just toss in some 2s packs or the boys NiMh packs.

As for crawling. Yes that is my work now days. Its fun with the race trucks when you have them side by side. I took out half our back yard this summer and put in a 2500 square foot short course track. (Jumps, table tops, banked turns etc.) Its a blast when you have 4+ trucks on the course.

Also a heli driver too. (Where my original helocat online name came from) Have a few 450's and a 600.

Mark

Sounds like a blast! My friend and I raced a little on a snow track so far this winter. He has a xl-5 rustler. It was a blast racing until he hit the porch and busted one of his front shock caps. Aluminum ones are on the way.

I have 20 acres so I'm planning on tilling up a portion of it and building a track. Should be fairly easy since we have a lot of clay in our soil. I'd love to see a video or photo of your track.

Do you tune your trucks at all? I've been looking at 2.5" linear springs for the rear of my 4x4 to help it take rough spots better. With the dual rate stock springs it is pretty inconsistent and will hop out to the side quite often. I did get rid of the god awful stock BFG's and put on some Proline Trenchers that hook up like crazy.

My heli I just fixed and am hoping to fly this weekend. I just jumped from indoor heli's to the 450 so it's quite challenging, the mix of newbie and wind and weather effects make it interesting to say the least, and quite nerve racking since it's an expensive RC that my bro built for me.

I bought a new Proline Desert Rat body for my slash 4x4. I'm getting Black, Green, Gunmetal Gray and a white backer for colors. Any ideas on a paint scheme would be awesome as I'm not sure how I want to paint it yet.

If any of you have a fancy digital arts program and want to do some examples for me feel free. Here is the body. TIA.
IMG_1093.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom