Transmission fluid drain-and-refill question (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When baselining a new to me vehicle, I always do a fluid exchange via the cooler lines, but I start with the pan drain/fill, that way you know you have fresh fluid pushing the old fluid out.
Also, I’ve used Valvoline Maxlife ATF in over a dozen high mileage Toyota’s and NEVER had a transmission problem.

Trying to post on a relevant thread.

Ive got my 02 in at toyota today for a transmission fluid service. They said they hook up to the cooling lines for the exchange .

All that seems fine but why are they charging me for 17qts . I think our system takes 12-ish based on some research .

Should I question them or is 17 normal for a fluid exchange

Trying to post on a relevant thread.

Ive got my 02 in at toyota today for a transmission fluid service. They said they hook up to the cooling lines for the exchange .

All that seems fine but why are they charging me for 17qts . I think our system takes 12-ish based on some research .

Should I question them or is 17 normal for a fluid exchange
When I do a flush in my own, I typically use 3 -5 more quarts than capacity to make sure it’s 100% flushed.

When I do a flush in my own, I typically use 3 -5 more quarts than capacity to make sure it’s 100% flushed.
Yean hopefully they know what they're doing . Ive had decent luck with them in the past but im always skeptical .

Doing a coolant flush as well. I stresses to uses toyota red cut with distilled water
They claim they do just that bur idk , is a tech really sitting back there mixing it up? Idk maybe

Anyway thanks for the info

I remember using 14 qts before ATF turned super clean and bright (drain/fill thru ATF Cooler hoses)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom