Builds transforming the dent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure you got the correct side...either one will fit, but the bleeder will be on the bottom of the wrong one.

Pretty sure I have the right one.

Stupid truck won't start. Pretty sure its my negative battery clamp. Stupid truck seems to eat them.

Mine did the same thing 3 weeks ago, only it was the positive.
Swapped it out and it's been fine since

So I have been noticing alto of oil drops under the truck as of late. It has always leaked but getting pretty bad now. Motor is about a quart low. Put almost two quarts in the case before going camping though.

20161001_172245.jpg

20161001_172047.jpg

20161001_172033.jpg

20161001_172022.jpg

20161001_172015.jpg

Leaking behind several bolts and both output shaft seals. Going to replace the seals and rtf the bolts again and see if that solves it. May need speedi sleeves for the output shafts though.

On a good note however I changed the oil in the transmission and it was full so apparently no leaks there.

Hoping I don't have to rebuild the case as I am frigging broke right now.

Mounted the foxwing today. A beast of a project for one person.

20170322_134407.jpg

20170322_133300.jpg

Probably going to have to remount it closer in though. Will drive it as is and see in a couple days. Don't have time to set it up completely with the poles . will do that in the morning.

20170322_132605.jpg

20170322_132544.jpg

20170322_132554.jpg

Truck has been running funny lately. Will drive fine until I come to a stop then die as if starving for fuel. Going to check for vacuum leaks but it always starts right back up and acts fine for a while then does it again. If I don't find a vacuum leak then what? Maybe the fuel pump?

For example drove fine for 1.5 hrs on i85 but died at the redlight on the exit. Started back up and was fine again.

Not saying for sure but that is sort of how mine acted when the fuel pump was going for a couple of trips, actually had to use the choke a little bit though at every stop. by then the fuel was dripping out also, kinda have it away.

Think I located the problem.

20170410_110132.jpg

Truck is still not running right. Picked the boat up the other day and it cut off every time I stopped at a light or stop sign. Ordered a new fuel pump, air filter, and gas cap. May not need the pump but would be nice to keep one on hand. I may need to check under the carb for cracks in the intake as well.

Truck is still not running right. Picked the boat up the other day and it cut off every time I stopped at a light or stop sign. Ordered a new fuel pump, air filter, and gas cap. May not need the pump but would be nice to keep one on hand. I may need to check under the carb for cracks in the intake as well.

Didn't think about the manifold. I don't think it's fuel pump.

Probably not but would be nice to have a spare on hand.

What RTV do I use on the transfer case bolts? Black permatex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom