Builds transforming the dent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got it all apart. Should I beat out/in the studs or let trollhole press them in?

I can't get this side of my steering stabilizer to pop out for s***. Rented a three jaw puller only to see that the bolt was warped on the puller. I have a two jaw puller. But it is slightly too wide. Going to take it to work and see if I can get someone to apply some heat and close it up some for me.

1429371372520.jpg

it's swedged in like a tie rod end.
a pickle fork is your best bet...
The books say "never heat steering and suspension parts"
the other way is to pry on it and hit the outside, not the stabilizer
with a BFH (big hammer).

Yes a pickle fork is your best bet, if you have an impact wrench then rent the set from advanced and it'll take ya about 30 seconds to get it off....you'll probably screw up the boot so you'll have to replace it.

Yes a pickle fork is your best bet, if you have an impact wrench then rent the set from advanced and it'll take ya about 30 seconds to get it off....you'll probably screw up the boot so you'll have to replace it.

Dangit chuck your right. Going after a pickle fork in the morning. I hope this rain is gone or I will be bringing the clemson mafia to new heights working on it in the rain in a bathing suit! :eek:

Remember to wear flip flops

Stupid stabilizer was wrong. New one be here Thurs.

Works for me...lol

Well rancho stabilizer was the wrong one. New one be here in the morning. Then alignment at 3pm. Hopefully that solves my problems. Otherwise unless trollhole can pull a magic rabbit out of his hat we ain't going,

Well my tie rod ends were toast. One scary ride down 85 to trollhole ' s and things are much better. Still a little squirrely but manageable. Going to try alignment again tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Yeah will do that when I get back.

It might not drive straight but she has some bling!

1429903086801.jpg

Started my half door project back up. One hinge bolt has rusted and won't back out. Head has also rounded. May have to drill it out.

1432741030596.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom