Transfer case won’t shift high to low - stuck in low (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having the same issue, won't come back out of 4LO without wedging it back up. Just took a photo of my linkage. Seems I do have some sort of plastic washer, but maybe it's not tall enough? Any thoughts?

IMG_6340.jpeg

Having the same issue, won't come back out of 4LO without wedging it back up. Just took a photo of my linkage. Seems I do have some sort of plastic washer, but maybe it's not tall enough? Any thoughts?

View attachment 3492800
You'll really need to replace that washer with an OEM style one. As that plastic wears your lever is dropping lower and most likely not making contact internally. If you're not able to feel any resistance when moving your shifter it's not making contact.

You'll really need to replace that washer with an OEM style one. As that plastic wears your lever is dropping lower and most likely not making contact internally. If you're not able to feel any resistance when moving your shifter it's not making contact.
Yep, copy that. Any advice on making sure the part doesn't drop in the case? I think I understand everything involved except for that part..

Yep, copy that. Any advice on making sure the part doesn't drop in the case? I think I understand everything involved except for that part..
Here’s what I did on a truck earlier this year. Welded a hanger to it after dropping the transmission crossmember around 6ish “

IMG_2971.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom