Atlas Transfer case Shift Plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shipmag

Hagler Technology LLC. Aka Shipmag
Threads
Any one want to guess how many different shift patterns and drive trains there are for the FJ40?

Well I’ll tell you it’s ridiculous. I’ll tell you at the very end of this post.

I recently learned Advance Adapters makes a transfer case that you can connect an Automatic Transmission to. So after some back and forth with an ebay customer I finally got want he wanted. When I looked at Advanced Adapters web site I came up with a guess what I thought he would want. Nope he reversed the Low and High from what Advance had and also change the wording a little on the text side. No big deal my vendor is going crazy with all these variations but they are still with me. Because, I give them the final design they produce the copy ready artwork and customer approves. Rather than my customer working directly with them the amount of time they spend is a fraction what the cost would be. Just like any other print job customer must approve the proof.

Below is the 4 Speed Automatic with Overdrive and Atlas Transfer Case shift plate that one guy wants.
Atlas Plate Proof.jpeg

My Question for you all is for an Atlas Transfer Case using a manual transmission what should the text be on the right side of the shift plate? I tried to attach the Automatic Shift plate and the Standard oem plate on this thread so you guys could give me input on what the shift instructions text should be for the manual trans with Atlas case.
4 speed OEM.jpeg

Also if you see something that should be different on the automatic text let me know? If I get some good info from you all I might consider stocking some of these for the SM465 and 5 speed transmission. I don’t see any one wanting to do it for the oem 4 speed as they would probably just use the oem trans case. So the answer of different shift plates for me right now is twenty seven but with the Atlas transfer case that number could be 54 possibly? OMG thats crazy.

Depending on your alls input here will determine if I make any other plates for the Atlas using the 5 speed and the Sm465. thanks in advance!
Shipmag

If you’re wanting a new plate go to classifieds small business. This post is for tech info only not for selling plates. PM me for questions. For suggestions please post on this thread so we can have a discussion what the mud community wants.
Shipmag

here is my stab at the text for atlas manual transmission

Shifting from High range to Low range:
• Verify that the "FRONT" lever is in NEUTRAL.
• Bring the vehicle to a speed of about 3-5mph and place the transmission into neutral.
• Shift the "REAR" lever into NEUTRAL. As vehicle rolls forward, apply pressure to "REAR" lever toward the LOW position, continue to apply pressure until the Atlas drops into REAR LOW.
• Place the transmission back into gear and resume driving.
• If 4WD LOW is desired, shift “FRONT" lever into the LOW position while the vehicle is moving straight forward.

Shifting from Low range to High range:
• Bring the vehicle speed to 5-20 mph and shift the transmission into neutral.
• Shift both transfer case shift levers into neutral.
• Apply pressure to the "REAR" lever toward the HIGH position until the Atlas completes the shift into REAR-HIGH (2wd high).
• Put the transmission back into gear and resume driving.
• If 4WD HIGH is desired then shift the "FRONT" lever into the HIGH position.
• If the moving vehicle shift was not successful (shifting while stationary):
Put the transmission into gear (with vehicle still stationary) and feather the clutch while re-attempting the desired shift by holding steady pressure on the shift lever. Repeat as needed.

Note: The Atlas will not allow Front Wheel Drive High Range.
Note: Atlas must be moving moving to shift.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom