Transfer case in neutral but acts like low range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star
Threads
For anyone searching in the future, if you recently messed around inside the case, your idler shift collar in your transfer case is on backwards. Pro tip

I'm confused; what happened? If you (did you?) install the shift collar backwards the transfer case will go into LO when the shifter is in Neutral?
Or, the head gasket upon blowing will shift the collar into neutral causing
a LO situation with your 🧐??

Got photos?

Pro tip???

I'm confused; what happened? If you (did you?) install the shift collar backwards the transfer case will go into LO when the shifter is in Neutral?
Or, the head gasket upon blowing will shift the collar into neutral causing
a LO situation with your 🧐??

Got photos?
Yes, the shifter neutral detent engages low range. Fail. Reassembled.

And no head gasket issues this was on my 100, but nobody over there works on their transfer case

OK, good information for future reference.
Thanks

Moronic, ironic, whatever... It was damn upstanding of him to share the expirance...even at the cost a significant ribbing! LOL
Thanks Nuke, good to know I'm not the only one in here that has to do some jobs twice, just becuase I like getting all oily and greasy and stuff.

Moronic, ironic, whatever... It was damn upstanding of him to share the expirance...even at the cost a significant ribbing! LOL
Thanks Nuke, good to know I'm not the only one in here that has to do some jobs twice, just becuase I like getting all oily and greasy and stuff.
Well, I looked for a quick mud answer as to why it would be working that way - nobody seemed to have this exact problem:solution correlated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom