Trailer Harness or Plugs? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would someone mind pointing me toward the part(s) to replace a missing trailer harness?

I checked the compartment where the jack is stored but did not see the harness.

I need to connect a Uhaul trailer wiring harness to my Land Cruiser. I tried calling Autonation Toyota, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Thank you!

Like this? I’m sure there are lots of sources

Thank you!
It looks like the part number is: 82169-60080

Thank you!
It looks like the part number is: 82169-60080

Note that this will give you a 7 pin trailer plug. If you need a 4 pin, you’ll have to also get the adapter, which can be had from any big box store or auto parts store.

I did not know that!

I'm towing an enclosed Uhaul trailer. Would the factory 4-pin be adequate, or am I missing the point?

I did not know that!

I'm towing an enclosed Uhaul trailer. Would the factory 4-pin be adequate, or am I missing the point?
The 7 pin gives you power for electric trailer brakes and power for a trailer battery in addition to the usual stop, turn, and tail lights. The 4 pin just does the lights.

The smaller U-Haul trailers don’t have any brakes and the larger ones have surge brakes, so you likely need just the 4 pin connector.

Is the 4-pin close to the spare tire a standard plug, or will I need to get the Toyotra 7-pin, then get a 4-pin converter?

Thx for the input!

Is the 4-pin close to the spare tire a standard plug, or will I need to get the Toyotra 7-pin, then get a 4-pin converter?

Thx for the input!
You need the Toyota 7 pin and a generic 7 to 4 pin adapter. The quirky thing about our vehicles is it’s all off to one side, so you usually also need a 4-pin extension harness too.

For the adapter I really like the models that plug into 7-pin then have a coiled cable that is a few feet long before it ends in 4-pin. This accomplishes both jobs at once. Easily lives inside the tailgate storage area ready for use.

IMG_2133.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom