Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few sets of UCAs are back in stock.

J

PXL_20211202_200014929.jpg

Well time to make our own adjustable panhard bars. Tired of quality issues, outrageous shipping from Japan and Australia, and extended "mfg lead times" due to Covid....

So, I'm spinning parts to make up my own. Machined, fabricated, coated and assembled in the USA.

For the following series/models:

100, 200, 80/105, GX460, GX470, 4Runner and FJ Cruiser

OEM Toyota rubber bushes, turnbuckle adjustment for on vehicle adjustment, CNC milled and lathed components. Made from 1.25" solid bar, Zinc plated turnbuckle coupler, Grade 8 nuts and washers. Powercoat finish.

I'll also be releasing our panhard relo kit at that time too for the models listed above as well.

Should see production releases by the end of January.

Jason

PanHard Assy.jpg

Great new product Jason- you got all the right features designed into it.👍👍

Levels out the PH bar for those that want to go that route.

J

A PCK helped mine eliminate crab walk feeling when driving over railroad track crossings or some interstate overpasses where a dip causes the rear springs to cycle.
I'm lifted 3+ inches in the rear. Correcting the Panhard angle was a noticeable improvement -- especially during high-speed driving.

Do you usually do either an adjustable bar or relocation bracket with OEM bar? Is one better than the other?

Do you usually do either an adjustable bar or relocation bracket with OEM bar? Is one better than the other?
One or the other is all that you need. You can search the upsides/downsides of relo-brackets on the forum; there's def some debate out there. I think they come into play on much taller lifts. On the 100 series, with the typical 2" lift an adj panhard would be fine. I really like that Jason will offer the adjustable on the truck design. Makes things real easy.

One or the other is all that you need. You can search the upsides/downsides of relo-brackets on the forum; there's def some debate out there. I think they come into play on much taller lifts. On the 100 series, with the typical 2" lift an adj panhard would be fine. I really like that Jason will offer the adjustable on the truck design. Makes things real easy.
Yeah hopefully I can hold out for one. Is it possible to do the lift without either the relocation bracket or the adjustable bar? On my cousin's 4Runner we literally could not get the pan hard bar back into the slots so he had to go buy a relocation bracket that we welded in.

Yeah hopefully I can hold out for one. Is it possible to do the lift without either the relocation bracket or the adjustable bar? On my cousin's 4Runner we literally could not get the pan hard bar back into the slots so he had to go buy a relocation bracket that we welded in.

You'll be fine. Most of the 100s on here are without an adjustable panhard or relocation bracket. I'd argue that it's absolutely worth doing still, but you can get away without doing it for a while.

The only thing that I wish I had done before installing the 3+" lift would have been to use an "angle finder" phone app to get the Panhard angle before the lift, after the lift, and finally after installing the PCK. I happened to find a before picture of the Panhard and could tell from a mark on the diff that I had returned the Panhard angle to near the original angle after installing the PCK.

It worked out but would have made for an interesting discussion with true before and after Panhard angle measurements. Food for thought.

If you dont do it and your wheels poke past the fenders and you take a picture from a weird angle people will swear up and down your suspension set up is so jacked up that they cant even explain how messed up it is.

Over the holidays I took my 100 series through Arches NP and we did the moderate 4x4 trail from the Klondike Bluffs all the way south the Eye of the Whale Arch. I highly recommend it to folks as it’s not often one can offroad in a National Park!

I was a bit nervous to do it solo and realize most folks were doing the much shorter south to north route once I got to the Arch. @TRAIL TAILOR bumper was rock solid over the trail and the various armored bits from Jason also kept my truck nice and protected. There were a couple of sections on the trail where I think if I had my OEM hitch / bumper would have gotten damaged on the steep drops. The Tough Dog suspension, Jason’s front and rear controls arms with Timbren bumpstops handle the rough terrain without issue.

I did lock my center differential but was able to make it through without too much difficulty with ATRAC. I don’t believe I ever had to back up to pick a different line. Although a few times I did park the truck and survey the best line to choose. I wish I had video of the trail, it was super fun. There is a part where you are driving in the river bed that thankfully dry and frozen solid.

In 2022, I think I will be placing an order for the front bumper, winch, and sliders to make me feel more at ease to do self recovery and trail repairs a bit easier with sturdier jacking points.
D2CD2652-2E80-4D43-B4EC-9C058B396874.jpeg

At Bryce Canyon NP North Campground
F3F1FE48-FB83-4A36-8732-427A0121C5B6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom