Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh damn how did I not see you were coming out with a BL kit. Nice to see a reliable vendor with one!

Are you rubbing with your Methods? So far so good over here after the smallest bit of chopping (we have the same setup iirc).

The garage is much more sacrificial than the 100. Just pull a Clark Griswold a few times and you'll eventually make a hole the perfect size.
Ideally with an empty tank and no gear. That way, when you're loaded up and have 1/2 tank in there, you'll have room to spare!

Jason, maybe a roof-mounted garage-modifier bar next? Seems like there's a good level of demand for it. 🤣

I got my Trail tailor sliders delivered/ painted and installed. Very nice quality as usual with every product produced by Jason.

E00D3E6F-73D8-4DBC-AE01-69E89B29E4E6.jpeg

96DA9BAD-8A62-438F-AAE6-50771FCA58C0.jpeg

56DA25E5-F3C2-4E3C-87FE-A4D5474A3F08.jpeg

A9843815-9A16-4CD0-87D7-8E1443004EEF.jpeg

5E70B60E-FC9D-4AE2-9C28-4FF3DFE3F5EE.jpeg

Oh damn how did I not see you were coming out with a BL kit. Nice to see a reliable vendor with one!

Thanks! I'll have 15 of each (1" and 1/2") available as soon as they get back from anodizing. Tuesday next week.

Are you rubbing with your Methods? So far so good over here after the smallest bit of chopping (we have the same setup iirc).

I was rubbing a lot without the 1" BL. I wanted to make a kit that removed that without any trimming.

J

I was rubbing a lot without the 1" BL. I wanted to make a kit that removed that without any trimming.

J
Where does a tire over 33" typically rub on these? I know this will vary with wheel offset, etc. just curious.

Do you still have to hammer flat the pinch weld behind the front wheels if you do a 1" BL?

J

I think most folks get away with a .5" body lift to stop rubbing on the bottom of the fender. Does the full 1" prevent rubbing on the pinchweld too?

I think most folks get away with a .5" body lift to stop rubbing on the bottom of the fender. Does the full 1" prevent rubbing on the pinchweld too?

But your a test engineer. You should conduct a test for the rest of us.

Where does a tire over 33" typically rub on these? I know this will vary with wheel offset, etc. just curious.

Do you still have to hammer flat the pinch weld behind the front wheels if you do a 1" BL?

Dude, just hammer the pinch weld, unless you are pushing 35"+. Its the easiest mod ever. Don't buy a BL instead, lol.

J

Where? 295/70/18 right? My STT Pros are 34.75's.... but I havent wheeled hard on this setup yet. It would be nice to know what to watch out for.

Last edited:
Dude, just hammer the pinch weld, unless you are pushing 35"+. Its the easiest mod ever. Don't buy a BL instead, lol.

Where? 295/70/18 right? My STT Pros are 34.75's.... but I havent wheeled hard on this setup yet. It would be nice to know what to watch out for.
I don’t even have any interest at all in 35” tires, just trying to understand what rubbing issues a BL solves.

Where? 295/70/18 right? My STT Pros are 34.75's.... but I havent wheeled hard on this setup yet.

Correct on tires and 18mm wheels. The other thing to remember is where you sit. I'm at 22.38" (23.38" with BL) so the tire to wheel well radii is different than most guys at 20.5-21.5" with the same size tire. From what I can tell I'm at the shortest point on the wheel well opening for the tire and height I'm running. Hope this makes sense. If I dropped it a little, it would open up more room.

Right now I do not rub anywhere and I haven't touched the pinch welds. I did remove the PS inner well liner when I installed my snorkel and was hitting the pinch weld prior to the BL. I'll put this back on and heat gun the inner liners and should still be spot on.

J

I don’t even have any interest at all in 35” tires, just trying to understand what rubbing issues a BL solves.

Unless I was under hard off camber articulation I never heard a rub on my old 100 with 285/75/16 ST MAXX -(32.91") When I did it was the inner liners and a heat gun fixed that issue.

J

Just placed an order for the full length tread plate sliders!!

Can't wait!

Like everything you produce - Looks quality!

What would you quote the number of labor hours to install the body lift?

Figure 1/2 day

Just placed an order for the full length tread plate sliders!!

Can't wait!

I went all in on a tough dog tourflex setup with UCAs, extended sway bar links, shock guards, the works. Stoked for summer.

Thanks guys, Orders received and will both ship by Monday evening.

Jason

Lookin good under there. Thanks J!

348FAA8E-3478-4C06-A6AD-D4EC9EA84EF6.jpeg

D2C76CAF-CB24-4A03-BA22-634E2AD8684B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom