TPMS in and 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve had one tire that has lost about 5 psi a week for the past five years. That tire has worn about 40% more than the other three in that time.

I just bought a new set of tires and really wanted to be sure they all rear evenly. So I did some digging for an aftermarket TPMS system. I came across two systems. One from Schrader and the other from some Chinese company. I picked the Chinese model because it would fit into a knockout on my dash.

Here is the Amazon link
U912 Tire Pressure Monitor System... Amazon product ASIN B073P42KP6
I mounted the gauge a couple nights ago and had the sensors installed today with a new set of Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX tires.

For $85 I am really impressed with this setup
It is not perfect, but it is really good.

Not sure if anyone else has considered this, but I figured I’d share on the off chance it’s something one of you would appreciate.

F415D4C9-16E3-4D72-910F-7A56D6280886.jpeg

135B3BD3-FF2D-4D7B-9849-1CF3EB7F109D.jpeg

D1AD2C40-2879-4B30-8161-54D3ACDCCE12.jpeg

Since the sensors are marked LF, RF, etc., I was curious how it handles tire rotations. Here's the relevant page from the manual:

Screenshot_20220129-064324_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Skimming the manual, it's still not clear on whether or not a fifth sensor could be put into rotation. It looks like the "pairing" process involves putting the receiver into a match mode, then inflating the tire so that the pressure sensor begins sending data.

In the Amazon questions section they said this can handle up to six sensors. It all came pre configured. But looking at the process for tire rotation in the manual leads me to believe you select the position and then toggle through the sensor numbers until you get to the wheel that is in this position. I suspect the fifth sensor would just be #5 as you roll through.

It’s a bit cumbersome to track the sensor and move them when the tires get rotated. But I can’t imagine an easier way without building an iPhone app or something to control it.

Honestly, I’m pretty impressed at what they but together for an $85 package that includes the sensors.

Very interesting. I really like the form factor of the display. The ones I see on AliExpress that include five sensors are all large, clunky boxes for the display and *still* don't show the fifth tire. Not that you're going to run over a nail with your spare mounted on a swing-out, but it's nice to know there's a slow leak before you need to use it.

Wow that looks good! So the thing is all wireless all around, bluetooth and batteries? Just had a random tire shop pop them in for you?

Wow that looks good! So the thing is all wireless all around, bluetooth and batteries? Just had a random tire shop pop them in for you?
It’s wireless to the sensors. Not sure if it uses the normal 315mhz or some proprietary frequency. Switched 12v power to the receiver. I installed the receiver / display module in about an hour after work

Bought the tires from tire rack and had them mounted and balanced at the dealer. They said install and setup for the sensors was super easy.

Aluminum valve stems look decent on my factory wheels. But they are looking kinda shabby with the new center caps, tires and valve stems. Looks like I need to polish these things up soon 😅

A3CCF150-D9BD-45AB-A36D-9AB4BCA29D13.jpeg

It’s wireless to the sensors. Not sure if it uses the normal 315mhz or some proprietary frequency. Switched 12v power to the receiver. I installed the receiver / display module in about an hour after work

Bought the tires from tire rack and had them mounted and balanced at the dealer. They said install and setup for the sensors was super easy.

Aluminum valve stems look decent on my factory wheels. But they are looking kinda shabby with the new center caps, tires and valve stems. Looks like I need to polish these things up soon 😅

View attachment 2909778

So the receiver also worked with battery if you wanted? I saw you can even just slap the stems on and have external sensors....

I just recently got tires from a franchise place not sure how cool they would be about making the aftermarket install or perhaps if they would claim some warranty void crap if I went somewhere else....

So the receiver also worked with battery if you wanted? I saw you can even just slap the stems on and have external sensors....

I just recently got tires from a franchise place not sure how cool they would be about making the aftermarket install or perhaps if they would claim some warranty void crap if I went somewhere else....
They do have an external sensor that is basically a valve stem cap. If I wasn’t doing tires I would have gone with that style.

There is another system I considered before I decided to buy new tires that is iPhone app based with valve stem cap sensors:

LEEPEE Bluetooth 5.0 Tire Pressure Monitoring System, 5 Alarm Modes, with 4 External Sensors TPMS, Support iOS and Android, Real-time Displays Pressure and Temperature (0.1-6.4Bar) Amazon product ASIN B08PD7ZQVN
My biggest concerns there are losing one of the sensors and lack of support or development on the app. Going with this dash mount unit seemed to be a better choice

They do have an external sensor that is basically a valve stem cap. If I wasn’t doing tires I would have gone with that style.

There is another system I considered before I decided to buy new tires that is iPhone app based with valve stem cap sensors:

LEEPEE Bluetooth 5.0 Tire Pressure Monitoring System, 5 Alarm Modes, with 4 External Sensors TPMS, Support iOS and Android, Real-time Displays Pressure and Temperature (0.1-6.4Bar) Amazon product ASIN B08PD7ZQVN
My biggest concerns there are losing one of the sensors and lack of support or development on the app. Going with this dash mount unit seemed to be a better choice

No I like having it in the car your setup is perfect and I will most likely mimic it, I hate phones the last thing I want to do is have another alert on my phone!

No I like having it in the car your setup is perfect and I will most likely mimic it, I hate phones the last thing I want to do is have another alert on my phone!
For sure!

I can’t imagine any retailer would give you a hard time about a mount and balance to install these. But it would probably cost a few bucks to get it done though.

That's awesome. How's the system holding up?
Still working like a charm. Bout a 100 series last week and just installed the same TMPS system in it. Getting the wheel sensors installed next week with new tires.

I’d highly recommend this system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom