Toyota PS mounting question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
This 1984 FJ40 showed up on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...iewItemQQcategoryZ6443QQitemZ4581424862QQrdZ1

My question is, when and how did Toyota mount the PS pumps over where the alternator is on my 2F?

Anyone have any more details and pics regarding how this mounts?

How are the belts run?

Does this config support an air pump?

Is it just a bracket that mounts the PS pump? Can I do this on my '78 2F, or is it a different head?

Thanks In Advance! :D
252.jpg

I seem to vaguely remember something about Canadian cruisers have the PS pump in the same place. I noticed the e-bay Cruiser is an import, so maybe its a non-US thing. As such, I would assume it doesn't have an air pump. Notice also the older style F air cleaner.

If you want it up there, why not just fab up a bracket? That location lends itself well to a PS cooler I would think.

Every RHD cruiser I've seen has the p/s pump there. And no air pump.
Bracket is a std part and prob avail OEM (if you can find part number).

As mentioned, just make a bracket!

Belts - inner belt - crank, water, alt
outer belt crank, water, p/s

BJ42's with PS also I think had the PS pump mounted there. As well as non US 2F with no smog

3FE... is the bracket I used to mount the PS in that location. It's a 3 hole bracket and you need to remove the engine hoist hook and works on 76+ heads. I dunno about the early F.. I could go into the garage and look at my 66... On a 2f you have to move the ALT.. In my case I didn't have a smog pump and moved it to the 71 ala early cruiser location. I seriously doubt that cruiser has an air pump. I don't see an air rail or anything else that supports smog stuff...

I don't think you can use a alt bracket without som fabbing.

PabloCruise said:
Thanks Andrew!

Got any pics of alternator mounting?

I'll try to get some tommorrow for you.

The alternator mounts below the air cleaner, the bracket bolts to the bottom edge of the block (I suspect this is where the US p/s bracket bolts - but not sure).

Can't mount p/s on it as well - definately alt only.

I have an '88 FJ62 PS pump bracket available. I also have the rust frozen pump with pulley still attached to it. Keep the bracket and pulley and use the pump as a core?? Make me an offer, give me your zip code and I'll get a shipping quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom