TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe that’s the x overland old tundra.
Clarify? This looks properly put together so curious. The guy was inside the rear upper shelf at the hotel in the
morning trying to solve a house battery issue. He had it plugged in all night.

Clarify? This looks properly put together so curious. The guy was inside the rear upper shelf at the hotel in the
morning trying to solve a house battery issue. He had it plugged in all night.

Top off… half doors on. Ready for winter

🤣🤣🤣

92D11BE7-6EEE-410B-A7EC-72E509CD1141.jpeg

Wow! ^^^

View attachment 3302156

Anyone have an ICBC approved shop they would recommend?

Car ahead of me stopped suddenly on a green light. Unfortunately I didn’t react quickly enough. Their bumper went over mine. Took out the hood, one headlight, and the radiator. I’m hoping ICBC doesn’t try to write it off. Bastards they are.
Well ICBC did write it off. After 3 weeks of arguing for someone to actually look at it they came back with $13k for repairs. So, I bought it back for about $2000, spent about $5300 on repairs. It still needs a mechanical inspection, wheel alignment, and to have the A/C recharged.
IMG_3530.jpeg

The bent hood.

IMG_3534.jpeg

Side view.

IMG_3877.jpeg

Damage under hood.

IMG_5184.jpeg

Back together with new parts and paint.

IMG_5198.jpeg

Driving & running… waiting for trip to Dumont tire for Mechanical and alignment. Then trip to Hub insurance to register it as a rebuilt and insure it.

Total repair bill will be around $6k leaving about $5k left over from the car settlement from ICBC.

Well ICBC did write it off. After 3 weeks of arguing for someone to actually look at it they came back with $13k for repairs. So, I bought it back for about $2000, spent about $5300 on repairs. It still needs a mechanical inspection, wheel alignment, and to have the A/C recharged.
View attachment 3442998
The bent hood.

View attachment 3442999
Side view.

View attachment 3443000
Damage under hood.

View attachment 3443001
Back together with new parts and paint.

View attachment 3443002
Driving & running… waiting for trip to Dumont tire for Mechanical and alignment. Then trip to Hub insurance to register it as a rebuilt and insure it.

Total repair bill will be around $6k leaving about $5k left over from the car settlement from ICBC.

Good work! Looks good as new!

Good work! Looks good as new!
Should be... It has new: headlights, bumper cover, grill emblem, radiator, A/C condenser, paint, bumper retention clips, throttle body.

"Recycled": Rad fan & reservoir, rad support & brackets, horn, hood, R fender, dip stick, hybrid coolant reservoir.

The biggest surprise was the Throttle body... $1100 + tax from Toyota and it would have to come from California. I checked Rock Auto... Aisin $389 - Better, Beck/Arnley $270 - but aftermarket right? I looked closely through their photos and could read TOYOTA on one of the pictures. I decided to order it for $330 including taxes and rush shipping. When I opened the Beck/Arnley box it said TOYOTA on 2 sides as well as Aisin on the casting. Works great again and for more than $800 off the Dealership part. Really $800+ more for the exact same part out of the same factory with even the same labels.

Should be... It has new: headlights, bumper cover, grill emblem, radiator, A/C condenser, paint, bumper retention clips, throttle body.

"Recycled": Rad fan & reservoir, rad support & brackets, horn, hood, R fender, dip stick, hybrid coolant reservoir.

The biggest surprise was the Throttle body... $1100 + tax from Toyota and it would have to come from California. I checked Rock Auto... Aisin $389 - Better, Beck/Arnley $270 - but aftermarket right? I looked closely through their photos and could read TOYOTA on one of the pictures. I decided to order it for $330 including taxes and rush shipping. When I opened the Beck/Arnley box it said TOYOTA on 2 sides as well as Aisin on the casting. Works great again and for more than $800 off the Dealership part. Really $800+ more for the exact same part out of the same factory with even the same labels.
Rock auto is pretty great. It's surprising what they stock sometimes.

Things you'd swear would be dealer only.

Plus you can always round out your order with their ridiculously cheap wiper blades. Like 3 bucks compared to 20+ here.

So how's that work with you buying it back from icbc?

Is it deducted from what your right off payout would be?

Always wondered.

For example if my 60 got smoked. I'd want to keep the drivetrain if possible.

Rock auto is pretty great. It's surprising what they stock sometimes.

Things you'd swear would be dealer only.

Plus you can always round out your order with their ridiculously cheap wiper blades. Like 3 bucks compared to 20+ here.

So how's that work with you buying it back from icbc?

Is it deducted from what your right off payout would be?

Always wondered.

For example if my 60 got smoked. I'd want to keep the drivetrain if possible.
ICBC offered me $13.3k +/- to walk. I said no. Instead they gave me $11.3k and I had the car towed to a repair shop. Pretty well no negotiation… only option was to pay a few hundred for an independent appraisal and possibly be no further ahead. Decided it wasn’t worth a few hundred bucks to possibly get 200-500 more.

The body man fills out documents to sign off on the structural repairs (which were nothing in my case). The mechanic shop does a mechanical inspection & paperwork. Then I bring all the documents to an auto plan dealer for them to reregister the vehicle as a rebuilt (new radiator supports). I don’t think it should have been a wright off, but ICBC decided it was and couldn’t be dissuaded from it.

Nice!

Heat in my truck is mediocre (unless towing...lol). You guys are giving me some motivation to work on that... Drove in -25C a few years ago, took 50km of highway driving before the interior even got to 15C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom