Toyota Hilux spotted today.......if it matters ?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could this simply be a Tacoma with Hilux tail lights and stickers?
I frequently drive my Hilux around in Idaho Falls and the surrounding area. I've seen some newer ones with Mexico plates. But as far as I know, I have the only one registered in Idaho.

I called the state and got the Hilux added as an option on your title and registration. So, if someone else has one, they've registered it as a normal pickup.
Tundras are not even close to Hiluxes . That's like calling a Super Duty an F150.

hummm.......

i bet all your smaller size-spec. HILUX's can't do this ..:poof:

Tundras are not even close to Hiluxes . That's like calling a Super Duty an F150.
If Toyota followed Fords marketing drivel,
eg: "The F Series pickup is the best selling vehicle in the world" -they combine F150, F250, F350 and F450 together in those numbers...

Sales of the Hilux, Tacoma, Tundra, and J79 Land Cruiser would all be combined.

The F150 and the F250 have less in common than 1st gen Tacoma and 1st gen Tundra do....

I have tried to find ACTUAL F150 sales numbers and can't find them, it's just F-Series...

South Alabama

IMG_9166.jpeg

IMG_9168.jpeg

I have nothing valuble to add. Except that i am in Argentina now on some remote propertys. Hilux are the vehicle to have down here. So many nice trucks and all i do is dream about taking one home. It doesn't hurt that the US exchange rate is insane right now if you get cash US currency down here. Google the Blue Dollar rate. The inflation rate here is out of control so everone wants nice crisp US $100 bills as a stable investment. Seriously, people probably have stacks of US $100 bills socked away as savings for some level of financial stability.

I would gladly trade some of my Benjamin's for a hilux down here. But how to get it home?

Hi @cruiserdan

My 2UZ-FE heads both have the YAMAHA tuning forks logo cast on the on them …

-

SUPER HULUX out strutting his stuff for all The ladies in town …

maybe TOYOTA did the freeborn red PX-10 ?

- But , this rascal will break the sound barrier at 110 mph

- the overall biggest bang for the buck , or maybe finally tide it all in HP wise .....

was my Y or B pipe flanges were crusty , so i hunted for a stainless steel one ?

Pre-VVTI Yes ,

2005-2006 VVT-I no ?

the factory y pipe is colored with a
cheezy flat black BBQ looking paint ?

- my junk yard magnet had a 11-14% ONLY pulling draw to it ?

C3BD4335-01F3-41AD-9E30-FBE0B06E57F4.jpeg
E9A6CD50-04ED-4774-B155-912A7E29F34C.jpeg

Last edited:
old man emu makes a 2.75 full suspension lift with all the drop diff and rear springs shims

factory LSD also in rear ...

- , these were phun too

Just saw this thread. There was a place somewhere around auburn Montgomery area of Alabama that was armoring up 70 series and maybe hilux vehicles we couldn’t buy in the states. I believe it continues on today even post Iraq war.

I saw this one last week in Pensacola fl
Auto, lhd, d4d
IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1389.jpeg

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 11.29.27 PM.png
Guy posted this pretty truck in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom