Toyota Dealer March 2022 Major Discounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A lot of maintenance parts, a complete overall of the brakes, and OEM t-case oil. This afternoon I'm debating ordering a set of shocks. I think my history of towing (almost all 60K miles are dragging something) has stressed the original shocks.
very nice! didn't think about the OEM oil... nice grab.

I posted this over in the 100 section. Figure you fine folks may find it useful too.

My nearby dealership appears to be having some major discounts. Can't help but price out some of the typically expensive parts for our trucks and seeing shocking numbers. Thought someone may find helpful as they are also providing shipping discounts. Hope some of you can save some cash.

parts.toyotaofdecatur.com
Just want to thank you for the information! Saved me a money for upcoming rotors, and brakes!

Thanks again!

Out of curiosity, has anyone had anything ship yet? Judging by my order numbers from the various orders I've place the last 3 days, it appears they are getting hammered with orders.

I know that I have ordered:

• Starter
  • Alternator
  • Mirror motors
  • Radiator
  • Wiper Blades
  • Oil Filters
  • Misc replacement bolts (Cheap insurance to replace on 13-yr old vehicle)
  • Brake Lines
  • Rotors
  • Calipers
  • Brake Pads

Out of curiosity, has anyone had anything ship yet? Judging by my order numbers from the various orders I've place the last 3 days, it appears they are getting hammered with orders.
they have a delay in shipment banner due to the high number of orders on their website. They have been posted on numerous toyota forum and deal finder websites.

I have a 2013 lexus lx 570 (124k Miles) with factory 20 inch wheels. i purchased 2022 year, 18 inch lc take off oem wheels from ebay. This deal is fantastic and thinking of ordering tpms once i get new tires. is this the correct part number 4260748010? I will need five of them. I am also ordering the grease caps 4351460020 so they can fit snug.

A lot of maintenance parts, a complete overall of the brakes, and OEM t-case oil. This afternoon I'm debating ordering a set of shocks. I think my history of towing (almost all 60K miles are dragging something) has stressed the original shocks.
fyi, toyota of decatur will not ship fluids.

Gettel Toyota of Lakewood will ship fluids.

Wow, simply astounding. I was all like, "Yeah, I guess I'll stock up on some filters and stuff." Then I was all like, "How did my cart fill up with so much stuff so quickly?" :rofl:

FWIW, I did not need to split up my order to keep shipping under the $200 others mentioned, as the Decatur site already seems to cap the shipping cost below that.

View attachment 2955867
So, what's the deal with all the wiper blade refill, rubber, etc? If I just want to replace my wiper blades do I need all these parts you ordered or just some and you are stocking?

For the brake rotors and pads, is that all we need too? I feel nothing wrong with my brakes, but have 56k miles on the clock and might just replace them all to start fresh. Am I crazy to do that with my mileage?

Thanks

I have a 2013 lexus lx 570 (124k Miles) with factory 20 inch wheels. i purchased 2022 year, 18 inch lc take off oem wheels from ebay. This deal is fantastic and thinking of ordering tpms once i get new tires. is this the correct part number 4260748010? I will need five of them. I am also ordering the grease caps 4351460020 so they can fit snug.
TPMS is cheaper on Amazon. Denso/Pacific makes the TPMS sensors. Just make positive to select "Shipped and Sold by Amazon.com"

Amazon product ASIN B00NQ05U24

So, what's the deal with all the wiper blade refill, rubber, etc? If I just want to replace my wiper blades do I need all these parts you ordered or just some and you are stocking?

For the brake rotors and pads, is that all we need too? I feel nothing wrong with my brakes, but have 56k miles on the clock and might just replace them all to start fresh. Am I crazy to do that with my mileage?

Thanks
Yeah, just stocking up on the wiper refills (I previously had difficulty finding them online anywhere with free shipping at a good price), and I figured I would want to replace the entire blade (part that holds the rubber) at some point so got that too. If you just want to replace the entire blade (that connects / disconnects from the arm), then you should only need to order the $15 blades. If you just want to replace the rubber with refills, then just order the rubber refills.

I'm not sure if there's a "service schedule" for brakes, other than to just visually inspect them periodically and replace when the pads are getting low. If you haven't replace them since the vehicle was new and you're at 56k miles right now, then you should definitely check them. There's a rectangular hole in the back of the caliper housing where you can see how much of the pads are left (have to take the wheel off first).

People like to replace their brakes in different ways. Some people (like me) don't replace the various bolts, shims & clips every time unless they are provided with the pads (doesn't look like they are for these OEM pads) or I just do it every other time I do the brakes. Other people do like to replace as many components as possible every time. I probably should have ordered the shims and clips this time.

For sure the clips for the rear pads say they are non-reusable, so those at a minimum should be ordered with the pads.

Here are some of the other parts if you want to replace them.

Front discs:
1647894118199.png

Rear discs:
1647894050105.png

Last edited:
This is kind of like a parts confession thread.

I used the discount to buy a new hvac vent housing next to the nav screen. I REALLY gouged the current one with a trim removal tool installing my CarPlay unit. It still hurt to spend the money but I’ll be glad to not stare at the messed up one anymore.

Anyone know if calipers come with wire clips, specifically 04947 in the image above?

One of mine is broken, I’m replacing the calipers but didn’t think about ordering those separately.

*sigh*

I ordered a bunch more. (2 orders worth, it wouldn't let me add the idler pulley to my original order without bumping up to $300 freight shipping, even though the rest of the order was mostly small stuff.)

It just kept weighing on me that I was going to spend a LOT more on these additional parts if I waited until later to get them, even if I won't need them for another 25,000 miles. I guess they'll just go in a box somewhere and I'll forget about them.

1647897969667.png

FYI, here's some other old posts if anyone's looking for ideas for a couple other things to buy to fill up an order:

Exciting stuff on the way.... JK

Part Number Part Name

16400-50384 Radiator Assembly

16571-38080 Upper Hose

16572-38131 Lower Hose

1610009491 Water Pump Assembly

16031-0S010 Thermostat Unit

90916-A2033 Serpentine Belt

16620-0S012 Serpentine Tensioner

12204-38010 PCV Valve

16380-0S010 Mount Bracket

16210-38071 Fan Clutch

16603-38012 Idler Pulley

$1148.70

Just purchased my new-to-me 2008 LX570 after initially searching for a 2013-2015. The threads on MUD have been more helpful than I can say, so I wanted to contribute back to the community.

While there are many threads on specific mods or services, I searched for a consolidated baseline checklist to follow after buying my rig. My mindset while searching for my LX570 was that mods/service would fall into 3 categories:

1. Must-Do Service (Regardless of year/mileage purchased)
2. Higher Mileage Service (100k+ miles on rig purchased)
3. Best-practice upgrades (100% optional)

I'll include my list below approximate DIY cost.

Please comment with other things you'd add. I'll promise to come back and update the initial post with your recommendations, so we can have a consolidated list.

1. Must-Do Service (Regardless of year/mileage purchased)
  • Oil Change ($55): 7.4 qts of OW20 + TRD Oil Filter
  • Rear Differential Fluid Change ($50): 4.44 qts
  • Front Differential Fluid Change ($25): 2.01 qts
  • Transfer Case Fluid Change ($25-$130): 1.53 qts (Price varies if you get Toyota OEM 75W)
  • Engine Air Filter ($25)
  • Cabin Air Filter ($20)
  • Lube Propeller Shaft & Zerk Fittings ($10) - Suggested by @Sandroad
2. Higher Mileage Service (100k+ miles on rig purchased)
  • New PCV Valve ($15)
  • Radiator + water pump + fan clutch + thermostat + belt tensioner + idler pulley + fluid coupling bracket + serpentine belt ($1100)
  • New Coolant ($110): 17.6 qts
  • New Brakes & Rotors ($530): I chose Powerstop Z36
  • Headlight restoration kit ($20)
  • 8 x Spark Plugs ($65)
  • New Battery ($110)
  • Transmission Drain & Fill ($45-$180): Depending on the number of drain & fills you want to do
  • AHC Fluid Replacement ($100): LX570 only
  • KDSS Inspection & Lube ($20): LC200 only
  • Brake Bleed ($??) - Suggested by @Sandroad
  • Power Steering Flush ($??) - Suggested by @Sandroad
  • Replace "heater T's" ($??)
  • Replace Starter ($??) - Suggested by @krice118
3. Best-practice upgrades (100% optional)
  • New gas cap ($20): Prevent warning lights for not sealing properly
  • Fumoto F133N Oil Change Valve ($35): Easy Oil Changes
  • LED Interior Lights ($25)
  • LED Reverse Lights ($15)
  • Venzo Metal Oil Filter Cap Replacement ($35)
  • 3D Maxspider Floormats ($200)
  • 8 x Spark Plug Seals ($55)
  • Hikari LED Lights ($70-$90 per set)
  • New TPMS sensors if you are getting new tires at any point ($150)
  • Replace Skid Plate bolts if yours are rusted ($60)
  • New wiper blades ($??) - Suggested by @ltsr

Anyone know if calipers come with wire clips, specifically 04947 in the image above?

One of mine is broken, I’m replacing the calipers but didn’t think about ordering those separately.
Everything in the box on the parts diagram comes with new calipers. Everything outside the box needs to be purchased separately.

9BF6081C-2CD8-43D1-AEED-62E11D433293.jpeg

Yeah, just stocking up on the wiper refills (I previously had difficulty finding them online anywhere with free shipping at a good price), and I figured I would want to replace the entire blade (part that holds the rubber) at some point so got that too. If you just want to replace the entire blade (that connects / disconnects from the arm), then you should only need to order the $15 blades. If you just want to replace the rubber with refills, then just order the rubber refills.

I'm not sure if there's a "service schedule" for brakes, other than to just visually inspect them periodically and replace when the pads are getting low. If you haven't replace them since the vehicle was new and you're at 56k miles right now, then you should definitely check them. There's a rectangular hole in the back of the caliper housing where you can see how much of the pads are left (have to take the wheel off first).

People like to replace their brakes in different ways. Some people (like me) don't replace the various bolts, shims & clips every time unless they are provided with the pads (doesn't look like they are for these OEM pads) or I just do it every other time I do the brakes. Other people do like to replace as many components as possible every time. I probably should have ordered the shims and clips this time.

For sure the clips for the rear pads say they are non-reusable, so those at a minimum should be ordered with the pads.

Here are some of the other parts if you want to replace them.

Front discs:
View attachment 2959040

Rear discs:
View attachment 2959039
Thanks for the thorough explanation. I believe the dealership would have these small items and the cost for them should be marginal (assuming I take it to my dealership install the rotors and pads).

fyi, toyota of decatur will not ship fluids.

Gettel Toyota of Lakewood will ship fluids.

Ok. I guess I’ll get a reject on the oil order from Decatur. though the order did go through. The oil is in a separate order, so it will be easy for them to cancel it.

they have a delay in shipment banner due to the high number of orders on their website. They have been posted on numerous toyota forum and deal finder websites.
The “delay in shipment” will be a certainty. I can only imagine how many orders are coming in!

Thanks

There are some tricks to getting factory quality wipers. Check this initial post, then click through the link for more reading.

Ok. I guess I’ll get a reject on the oil order from Decatur. though the order did go through. The oil is in a separate order, so it will be easy for them to cancel it.
i'm hoping to avoid reading all 20 pages of the "$80/L gear oil" thread. What part did you order? If i reemmber correctly, its 8-9 L total for the TC and diffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom