Toyota 2LTE error codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I have a 1991 Toyota Prado 2LTE motor imported from Japan. We've been having trouble starting it when it's cold. We got it scanned and it came up with some error codes but I can't find out what those error codes stand for. The error codes are either 8, 12, and 13 or it's 8.12 and 8.13. Help!

I'll check my manuals when I get home to see if I can decipher those codes...

But when you say it has trouble starting: what does it do? Does it crank and not catch? Does cycling the glow plugs a couple times help the problem? How cold is "cold?"

Dan

Codes and Other Stuff

I have all of the codes, but am attempting to post them... they are in .pdf format which the site does not allow.

I'll see if I can convert the document to something else. Bear with me...

Max

Hope this helps and is legible...

:cheers:
Max
page 1.JPG
page 2.JPG

Some more info that may be of use...

Here is some more information that I've accumulated. The pictures aren't great because I've had to scale them down to post them but I can email them to you on request:
Parts Location.JPG

... and the last of the pinout info.
There seems to be a real lack of information on the 2L-TE here in North America, so I'm trying to collect / share what I can.
Pinout 4.JPG
Pinout 5.JPG

maximus:

Where did you get FSM from? I need 2LTE engine manual but I can't find it anywhere.

Hi maximus,

Can you also upload a photo which shows how the vacuum lines are connected at the EGR valve and around there. I bought a toyota crown which has a 2L-TE engine and some of the tubes which connects the valves are missing. The engine jerks sometimes and I'm guessing this is the reason. It would be a great help. Thanks.

Did you post in Diesel forum also? Might have some luck there. I have not looked too closely for 2LT stuff. Maybe try contacting EBI cruisers or Van Island Cruisers. Both are in B.C. and should have websites and contact info. Lots of Diesel imports here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom